• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

borufus

Ripped Off! Caution When Sending Items Overseas

borufus

Just like to warn people sending items abroad to be careful, I recently sent a couple of items to a guy on here in Spain, I didn't want to do this but the buyer was very persuasive and talked me into putting the items on 2 pallets and wrapping them , he said he would sort his own courier to collect at his own risk , I did everything he asked including attaching his courier labels and even sent him photographs at every stage , he paid by PayPal ( not gift ) and these were collected by his courier 2 months ago , this guy now says he's not had them and has claimed the money back via PayPal , I now have no items or payment so I feel I have been ripped off , having made a few enquiries it seems that I am not the only person he has done this to so please be careful and don't fall into this trap ????

allanallen

Always a risk when using PayPal but really sorry to hear this :(

Name and shame though please!

borufus

Will check with a moderator first Alan but like I say I've posted this to warn folk to think first ????

Anthony

That's pretty s**t :(

When it comes to Paypal, if it's not as a gift/personal, it's effectively at the sellers risk - the only way to mitigate against said risk is to send it with a tracked service to prove delivery, and adequately insure the shipment in case of loss/damage. No tracking and it's a cut and dry case against the seller if the buyer claims non-delivery, regardless if whether they collected in person, arranged the courier or accepted it at their risk in writing. That's true of both UK and overseas.

To be honest, even if you do follow Paypal's rules to the letter, their so-called "Seller Protection" is distinctly questionable.

Was this through eBay, Facebook or forum out of interest?

borufus

This was through this website a couple of months ago, I have provided PayPal with all the tracking info and it appears that the buyer will still get the money back plus it also seems he is trying to do a claim with the courier so will in fact get compensation off gls as well ,

Anthony

Did the tracking information say that it was delivered? If not, it's cut and dry against the seller and they're meant to claim off the insurance (which obviously you can't)

Please send us the details of the user, transaction and the evidence you've discovered of them having done this previously.

Edited by Anthony

borufus

Pm coming your way Anthony thanks

Rjuhar

Mate, I feel for you... I think with all the tracking data and with the fact that you weren't the one to order GLS service you will have a chance of keeping the money at the end while the buyer will collect the insurance GLS is offering for lost/misplaced/damaged parcels:

What is the standard insurance sum of a parcel? Is an additional insurance possible?

GLS is liable for loss or damage of parcels in its custody. Liability is limited to a maximum amount, varying from country to country, and does not include consequential damages like loss of profit. If the sender takes out no transport insurance, GLS will compensate the value of the goods beyond the limitation of liability up to a defined maximum depending on the country. Value of the goods is defined as the purchase price, for second-hand goods the current value or for goods dispatched on occasion of an auction the auction price, depending on which amount is the lowest in the individual case. You can find further information in the terms and conditions of your country.

Being from Slovenia where some people don't really always like to send to, I use GLS pick-up service quite often. I've used them both to send to UK and collect and have never had any problems. The delivery times may vary a lot especially because in UK ParcelForce is involved but they have never failed to deliver.

Saying that I just wish to stress out that I would really not want to be punished because some wanker from Spain ripped you off. I trade a lot with UK and would like to continue to do so.

sp_en_ny

What a scum bag, should defo be named and shamed. There should also be a thread containing a list of known rogue buyers/sellers. I have bought a few items from members over this sight and all barring one were genuine, honest and a pleasure to deal with. Its a shame you only need the one bad experience and it does put you off from trusting anyone again.

borufus

It's up to the mods to name and shame I think but it's easy to find the wanted add on here I replied to in early April, this has been going on for over 2 months now and PayPal have now sided with him so he already has his payment back and he is also claiming compo so will effectively get £175 for free where as I have nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth

Pugleyrich

Looks like he bumped the wanted ad a few weeks ago - hopefully no one else will respond to it!

Edited by Pugleyrich

dobboy

Looks like he bumped the wanted ad a few weeks ago - hopefully no one else will respond to it!

If it's the Churchy guy you're referring to I sold him a GTI6 box and couriered it to Spain with no issues a wee while back.

• Like 1

dcc

If you feel really badly ripped off, you have his address and a flight to spain is only pennies these days

dcc

Alternatively ofcourse you could wait several months after deciding not to buy something for the agreed price, completely ignore the person who went out of their way to offer you something, get it to you via favours called in left right and centre, even after you decided you didnt want it, that person goes out of their way to arrange to get it returned to them - but I guess we should ignore that, because you'd be on the other end of the stick?

Though I dont feel ripped off, at first I felt a bit bad as the engine was not as it was when I stored it, but this is going back to August, you ignore countless facebook messages, i guess thats being a c*nt enough Steve?

• Like 1

wicked

Saying that I just wish to stress out that I would really not want to be punished because some wanker from Spain ripped you off. I trade a lot with UK and would like to continue to do so.

+1

On the other side, I've been tricked on this forum before with uk seller, to whom I transfered the money via paypal as 'gift', but the package was never posted and ignored every attempt I did to contact him.

If you transfer it as gift, you don't have any protection as buyer...

steve@cornwall

If picked up by his agent (courier) surely it was then legally in his possession? I assume the courier signed for it??would personally not let this client with PayPal. I'd also share all correspondence with the courier, if there is no loss to the buyer then there's no claim. Possibly even claim through Spanish court?

borufus

A couple of points here dan, first I've never met you or am I Facebook friends with you so why would you Facebook message me? I've not ignored you but Surely you could have asked cal, al , Tom , Henry etc and anyone of those would have given you my number, as regard this gti6 bottom end that's seized I said I would try and get it up to cals but this is 170 mile round trip and half a day travelling for me so not my best option but I'm a man of my word so I'll give you £50 no problem and chuck it on the scrap pile at work as that's a better option for me

dcc

Nah it's ok mate, it's taken 10 months and I'd rather not have the cash now. I'll get the engine back instead and get it to somebody who will use it.

Why did I message you on facebook? Because we had exchanged mails for quite some time on there. In the end you just read messages and then ignored me for months...

Regardless, your actions were spineless, you didnt contact me and ignored me for several months about it.

I will happily advise anyone to never deal with you. The only reason I use this forum is for the good nature of those who also use it... You abused that, so you can f*** off. I have gone out of my way to help lots of people on this forum - people who I've never met, with the expectation of "what goes around, comes around" - FUNNY that... Haha

• Like 1

Simes

Thank you - no need to continue posting.

Chuchy

Tell the complete story.

First of all, I have bought many items in Uk without issues, I know the risk, I'm buying in the other part of the world, but Uk people have demostrated that they are honest, until now...

Secondly, I didn't persuade anybody, The PMs are here, I can show to anybody. You offered me a pair of gearboxes and I bought them,believing in you.

And last, the story from my view.

I bought a pair of gearboxes to Borufus, we talked by whatsapp without any problem, I paid and arranged the courier. The gearboxes are collected, all is ok but the next day the tracking shows the status: cancelled.

I contacted with the courier and they told me that the delivery is cancelled due to a bad packaging and they are going to be returned. I speak to him, he don't know nothing, this is his last answer by whatsapp. A week later the courier told me that the gearboxes are returned. I asked him by whatsapp, and nobody answered me, I waited and asked more times, with the same results.

The courier says that the gearboxes are returned and I don't have any answer from the seller.

I opened a dispute by paypal, trying to talk with him, I want to resolve this, because I want the gearboxes, not the money.

By paypal he talks to me, it is a miracle! But he only says that the gearboxes are sended by my own risk, I know it, but the courier says that they are returned! where they are?? Once more, I don't have an answer.

Finally, the courier sended me an affidavit, where the seller has to sign that he has not received nothing from GLS, but, HE DON'T WANT TO SIGN IT.

I didn't have more time, I claimed by paypal, and finally they decided to give my money back.

In conclusion, I have lost part of my money due to paypal fees, the /£ exchange and part of the cost of the delivery that the courier didn't have returned to me. And he surely has his gearboxes at home.

Of course I have the whatsapp conversations, and the emails where the courier says that the gearboxes are returned to him.

This is the complete story.

Sorry for my English, I'm trying to improve it.

Regards

• Like 4

Chuchy

Just like to warn people sending items abroad to be careful, I recently sent a couple of items to a guy on here in Spain, I didn't want to do this but the buyer was very persuasive and talked me into putting the items on 2 pallets and wrapping them , he said he would sort his own courier to collect at his own risk , I did everything he asked including attaching his courier labels and even sent him photographs at every stage , he paid by PayPal ( not gift ) and these were collected by his courier 2 months ago , this guy now says he's not had them and has claimed the money back via PayPal , I now have no items or payment so I feel I have been ripped off , having made a few enquiries it seems that I am not the only person he has done this to so please be careful and don't fall into this trap ????

Show me one person who had had any problem with me apart from you. Nothing new, You are lying once more

• Like 2

speno

Has the courrier company got a signature to say they have been returned? If not it's the courrier who has lost them . They have admitted picking them up but with no evidence of returning them . Looks like they have not . They are at fault if no signature .

Rjuhar

Here it's hard to be the judge so I'll just point out that I have dealt with Jesus (Chuchy) quite a few times and he allways came through. Not once I have had any issues with the guy!

borufus

Show me one person who had had any problem with me apart from you. Nothing new, You are lying once more

i posted this to let other members know about my experience with this person, i did not "name & shame" as many of you asked in fact the said member did this himself,maybe some have had a good experience dealing with him and if so then im happy for you but unfortunatly i did not , this memeber persuaded me to post these items at his risk and arranged his own courier,and paid by paypal , i sourced pallets and wrapped the items for his courier to collect and sent him all the evidence of this by photographs,now over 2 months down the line he has got his payment back and appears to be claiming compensation from his courier, i have no items and no payment , you live and learn so this will be the last time i go out of my way to help a member in need as the only thanks you get is being call a lier , im now £175 and two gearboxes out of pocket

over two months now this has been going on and im bored with it now so i will lock this thread

jackherer

We'll remove the thread if you like but you can't just lock it, the only reason forum users have the ability to lock threads is so they can show at a glance that their for sale thread has sold.

• Like 1