• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

borufus

Ripped Off! Caution When Sending Items Overseas

Chuchy

Remember that when you claim against somebody paypal makes an investigation, and they ask for proofs. They took me the reason, there must be a reason.

speno

Is the reason love ?

borufus

It's called buyer protection on PayPal , covers up to £500 I think, basically the buyer gets the money back regardless of proof , happens all the time on eBay , you have had your money back from PayPal and are trying to also claim off your courier , I have no items and no payment so I'd say you have won seeing as I'm out of pocket and your might just be able to double your money ,

Gaz205

If you buy a pint of milk from a shop and get it delivered to home and it doesn't arrive you can get a refund for the milk from the shop and the delivery costs back too.

You can't get the shop to refund the milk and then get the delivery company to compensate for the missing milk and the payment costs.

It's fraud by false representation. It's like claiming off yours and the 3rd parties car insurance in a crash.

It's smelling illegal.

• Like 1

borufus

If you buy a pint of milk from a shop and get it delivered to home and it doesn't arrive you can get a refund for the milk from the shop and the delivery costs back too.

You can't get the shop to refund the milk and then get the delivery company to compensate for the missing milk and the payment costs.

It's fraud by false representation. It's like claiming off yours and the 3rd parties car insurance in a crash.

It's smelling illegal.

Hence why I don't want any part of helping him to do this by signing an affidavit ,

Chuchy

The courier only refunded me the cost of the shipping which they don't have done, and no complete. They charged me a fee for the collection and returned.

Chuchy

It's called buyer protection on PayPal , covers up to £500 I think, basically the buyer gets the money back regardless of proof , happens all the time on eBay , you have had your money back from PayPal and are trying to also claim off your courier , I have no items and no payment so I'd say you have won seeing as I'm out of pocket and your might just be able to double your money ,

A thief believes everybody steals

speno

But are you wanting a full refund from courier for lost gear boxes ? Yes or no

dcc

People need to remember the price of the gearboxes did not include the courier.

Chuchy has claimed the cost of the gearboxes from paypal, cost of postage from courier.

Before going to paypal for the refund, he tried to resolve all with courier but Steve Heath would not sign a paper to confirm he didnt receive the gearboxes back (why??).

So from what I can read, he has claimed cost of gearboxes from paypal. Cost of postage from courier. Theres no further claim ongoing as Steve wouldnt answer Chuchy to sign the paperwork. Chuchy cannot claim any value on the items from courier without that paperwork signed.

So Steve, the main question is why would you not sign paperwork that would save you £170 odd? Would have saved you claiming Chuchy ripped you off, would have saved you looking like an idiot, and I probably wouldnt have ever bothered about that engine.

• Like 1

speno

Dan . I read it as chuchy is trying to get a full refund on lost gearboxes from courier too . That's why he wants Steve to sign that statement.

dcc

I read as he tried to do that before going to paypal. As steve ignored him he contacted paypal.

The courier confirmed only refund on cost of postage, not the items, because steve wouldnt reply/sign to say he hadnt received them after he packed them too poorly to send.

Chuchy has received 100% of the funds he lost out on. Steve could have avoided losing out if he had replied to Chuchy and signed the paper prior to paypal involvement.

Chuchy hasn't said he is still trying to claim from courier.

Steve is just ultra defensive about everything, and trying to point some blame. It is ofcourse plausible hes had the gearboxes back and not willing to sign a document stating otherwise. But that's just speculation...

• Like 2

jackherer

This is easy to solve.

Borufus/Steve: Did Chuchy/Jesus ask you sign an affidavit to confirm that you did NOT receive the gearboxes back?

If he did not ask then will you sign one now?

If he did ask why didn't you sign it?

dcc

Any moneys claimed back as a result of the signed affidavit should be Steve's, not Chuchy

jackherer

Any moneys claimed back as a result of the signed affidavit should be Steve's, not Chuchy

Yes but only because Paypal refunded the original payment, prior to that it should have gone to Chuchy.

• Like 1

Gaz205

Dan . I read it as chuchy is trying to get a full refund on lost gearboxes from courier too . That's why he wants Steve to sign that statement.

+1 if not then it's a civil matter between the 2

Daz_C

I read it as- he doesn't want him to sign it now, initially he did but the seller wouldn't sign whatever was required to say he HAD NOT received the package. (which if signed would then make the courier liable for the loss/compensation) the buyer would presumably be able to claim off the courier for "losing"? the package or something along those lines...

The seller would still have his wedge the buyer would get his via the courier claim?

Apparently the seller wouldn't sign to say "NO the item hasn't been returned to me" for whatever reason? if he honestly hadn't received them back.

So without this signature the buyer can't claim off the courier but is out of pocket plus no gearbox.

The seller isn't communicating so the buyer goes to PayPal to get his wedge back? And the courier for the cost of shipping.

Is this about right? ????

• Like 2

speno

No cos the buyer had his money back and has courrier money back.

AlexRS2782

I read it as- he doesn't want him to sign it now, initially he did but the seller wouldn't sign whatever was required to say he HAD NOT received the package. (which if signed would then make the courier liable for the loss/compensation) the buyer would presumably be able to claim off the courier for "losing"? the package or something along those lines...

The seller would still have his wedge the buyer would get his via the courier claim?

Apparently the seller wouldn't sign to say "NO the item hasn't been returned to me" for whatever reason? if he honestly hadn't received them back.

So without this signature the buyer can't claim off the courier but is out of pocket plus no gearbox.

The seller isn't communicating so the buyer goes to PayPal to get his wedge back? And the courier for the cost of shipping.

Is this about right?

Having read the thread, that's the conclusion I'd come to as well. It appears to me that if the seller had signed to say "no nothing was ever returned to me" then the buyer would have claimed the entire cost of the lost gearbox(es) as well as his collection / delivery costs back from the courier directly without falling out with the seller.

However it would appear that the seller doesn't sign / refuses to sign to say this is the case & then ignores buyer repeatedly. As a result the buyer tries a different angle to get the sellers attention and tries contacting him via Paypal and opening a claim. If the seller had at this point signed to say / confirmed "nothing received / returned" the buyer & Paypal would have closed the claim and all costs would be recovered from the courier (as first paragraph above).

However the seller then appears to continue to ignore both the buyer and the Paypal claim and doesn't respond to either party. This then raises concerns about whether the items were actually returned and the seller might have got the gearbox(es) back to resell. As a result of Paypal's own claims T&C's (with regards to timescales of claim resolutions) and also the lack of contact from the seller, Paypal decided to side with the buyer and refund his £££ for the gearbox(es), the location of which is now unknown.

At this point in time, the buyer is now just trying to get the outstanding costs for the failed collection / delivery reimbursed to them from the courier, as they have already had the costs of the gearbox(es) reimbursed via Paypal.

I can't see any point in this thread where the buyer has stated they are "double claiming" for the missing item(s). That seems to have been suggested at a later stage by another poster(s) and then become fact.

It seems to me that had the seller simply signed from the outset to say "nothing has been returned to me" then the buyer would have been able to claim everything back from the courier to start with and the buyer would still have his money and this thread wouldn't even exist.

Unfortunately this thread now just appears to highlight that if you stick your head in the sand, ignore things and hope they'll go away, they wont.

Edited by AlexRS2782

jackherer

No cos the buyer had his money back and has courrier money back.

I don't think he has had the money back from the courier. He has had a partial refund from them of the shipping fee he originally gave to them.

• Like 1

speno

I don't think he has had the money back from the courier. He has had a partial refund from them of the shipping fee he originally gave to them.

Yes this is correct. Still don't know if he his fighting to get the money back for gearboxes tho . He keeps on avoiding that question . I've had enough of politicians this month ^^ Edited by speno

Chuchy

Speno, I'm not claiming the courier, they refunded me the money that I paid beforehand for the shipping, and no complete, because they charged me 10 for the collection and returned.

I have loosen money with the paypal refund too, because the £/ exchange were high when I paid than now.

But it's better than nothing.

Sorry, due to my English maybe somebody is not understanding me correctly, now I'm not claiming anything from nobody. I wanted the affidavit in that moment, but now I don't need it for nothing.

Edited by Chuchy
  • Like 1

Chuchy

Is this about right? ????

Thats it.

GLPoomobile

My opinion hasn't changed, the couriers have f***ed this up well and truly and have managed to wiggle out of this. So they didn't get a signature when they alledgedly returned the items back to Steve, and then want an afadavit signed after the fact to prove they weren't returned? How is that fair? So far as I'm concerned the very fact that they didn't get a signature means they have no proof of the return, ergo it never happened and they must be held accountable for that. Furthermore it just reinforces the very fact that they are incompetent and have not done things by the book.

@Steve, as much as you feel hard done by in this, why do seem to have a problem communicating 1 to 1? That's 2 people on here saying a deal has gone sour and you've ignored any attempt to communicate! How is it you can spare the time to post a thread on here and continuously respond to it but you can't message someone you are dealing with, or reply to their mesages? By the sounds of it, if you'd worked WITH Jesus instead of ignoring him you could have avoided the Paypal claim against you. Now whether that was fair or not, it's your own fault for not being polite, couteous and cooperative. Or did you just think that once you had the money and had waved the items off that your part was finished and you didn't need to concern yourself with any problems after that? That you could ignore the issue and it would just go away? What and expensive lesson!

@Jesus - if Steve signs the afadavit now, will you make a claim with the courier for the sale price if the gearboxes and then return that money to Steve once you recieve it from the courier (since you've already been reimbursed by Paypal)?

Chuchy

I could try to claim to the company, but I don't know if I'm able to do yet, due to they returned me the shipping cost.

Despite this, if he signs the affidavit I will understand that he hasn't them, and the company has to pay for them.

There are two big gearboxes of 45kg each, it's veey difficult to loose them. They have to be somewhere.

GLPoomobile

Never underestimate how large an item these guys can lose. If it were physically possible they could probably lose a whole depot within a depot! Besides, I doubt it's 'lost' in the literal sense, it's probably known to someone in a depot somewhere but they just don't know what they are supposed to do with it, because some monkey hasn't followed procedure and it's not been correctly processed.