• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Robin205

205 Gti Dilenma - What To Do With It..........sell, Jenveys, Bike Tb&#

Robin205

Don't get too hung up about any particular car. The difference between a good and average driver in whatever car is massive!

I've done plenty of track days in a 205, around 175bhp on slicks. As you are finding you can out corner most things there but you are down on grunt in a straight line.

I found it a just a matter of picking your circuit. Somewhere like Silverstone forget it, too big wide and open. Cadwell or Blyton Park on the other hand you will enjoy your day out.

It a good point you have raised there.

I have done Oulton about 20 times now so i know the place quite well so i think its about time i that i tried other tracks out, i have done Blyton 4 times but not in the 205 so i might consider going there or as you say cadwell.

jackherer

I know it's controversial but a decent squirt of nitrous will get you past most people on the straight then when you are in the twisties with it turned off you are back to normal throttle response so the handling isn't overwhelmed by a load of power.

dobboy

I recon you should invest in a decent diff and a quicker rack before more power, especially for a track with so many turns.

Your arms are nearly in knots in the 205!

Robin205

I recon you should invest in a decent diff and a quicker rack before more power, especially for a track with so many turns.

Your arms are nearly in knots in the 205!

Those 2 items are on my 'to buy' list.

I am currently debating on whether to get an ATB or a plate diff (same diff as I had in the polo and was stunning on the track and dreadful on the road).

Tom Fenton

If it's primarily a track car, then plate every time. Despite what some on here will tell you like a stuck record, the Quaife atb is a useful thing in a more road biased car.

Robin205

If it's primarily a track car, then plate every time. Despite what some on here will tell you like a stuck record, the Quaife atb is a useful thing in a more road biased car.

Agree!

Shame any type of diff is so expensive and 2nd hand ones come up for sale rarely.

Miles

New ones are not too bad at all, Used ones are allot as generally by the time they have been serviced new are cheaper, I do the 3J ones for £710.00 all in with bearings and bolts, Bodies vary depending on type, anything from 5 to 15bhp as the std inlet is good on a std engine

Robin205

Sorry for the dumbness but I am assuming '3J' refers to the gearbox code?

blandy

3j is the brand of diff

Robin205

3j is the brand of diff

Thanks!

TAG

It sounds like you need 16 valves.

Robin205

It sounds like you need 16 valves.

Yup!

Finding one is harder than I first thought!

barneys66

Ignore the engine, but drop this guy a line as last time I was there he was turning a couple over, and he's been recommended on here before. Good guy.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132215198318

Robin205

Done, thanks! Hopefully he will have one for sale.