• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shine

[project] Upgrade On Shiny's 205 Gti

Guest CB-Dave

spot on, thanks... we've got a few high-pressure hose suppliers over here but I wasn't sure of the name of the ends :) thanks!

shine

Hey.

I spent the evening making a new tank for coolant water in alu. First I had to make a thread fitting to accept the cap.

deler.jpg

After a wihle with cutting and welding, this tank was born. :o

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

Now I have to spend the next evenings grinding and polishing it, to make it get the shiny style.

Get some hose separator clamps from US. I replaced the bolt with an alu goldanodised one. These are "enginebay candy"!!

separator.jpg

Espen. :blush:

Andrew-Gray

nice work, looking great

CaM

this is so hot. has been my desktop wallpaper for a couple of months now.

question: who makes the wing mirrors in the pic you have in your profile? I want some...

cheers,

cam

shine
this is so hot. has been my desktop wallpaper for a couple of months now.

question: who makes the wing mirrors in the pic you have in your profile? I want some...

cheers,

cam

I don't really know the manufactor of these. Orderd from USA. I think most hi class jap tuners have some in their assortement. Like APR, (to types of design), Wings West and so.. One possibility is to use wing mirrors from a R-style motorbike. Some look really great.

Espen

CaM

cheers, thanks.

again, badass car

shine

Last thuesday night I was ready to start the engine for first time, after all uppgrades this winter. I was really excited when I turned on the ign. and pushed START button. If fiered at first try. Because I have not connected choke/cold start wire, I had to help it a little with the pedal first minutes.

The jets were set up for my engine spec and I adjusted the carbs after advice in the Weber book when installing. After the engine had warmed up, It was time to syncronice the two carbs and adjust ignition and air mix. Smooth and stable at 950rpm, with the PT27 cam. I'm satisfied!

WOW!! What a sound and response in the engine compared to the standard injection :(

Pic from engine, just finishing the mounting for air filter.

motorrom3.jpg

Pic of the new coolant tank, after many hours of polishing:

tank5.jpg

I hope to get it ready during this weekend. Only a few things left, make footrest in front of passenger i carbon and some details in engine bay. Next weekend I'm going to a big track-day event here in Norway, called Gatebil. More than 1100 cars and around 12.000 people(last year). Hoping for sunny weather, not the heavy rain as last days.

Espen :)

AndyY

Now if I ever needed motivation to buy another 205 there it is, good work as always Shiny. And are you sure I can't get you to take a mould of your front bumper aswell :(

tom_m

quite simply outstanding!

shine
Now if I ever needed motivation to buy another 205 there it is, good work as always Shiny. And are you sure I can't get you to take a mould of your front bumper aswell :)

Regarding front bumper, it maybe possible next winter. I'm planning to mould some to have in stock, if they get good enough your welcome :D

Back to work in my garage.

gats15

Looks superb very clean

shine

Another day in the garage is over. One of the details made today was this carbon cover, to hide the brake servo.

deksel1.jpg

Espen :D

jack biscuit

Well.. i've come a little late to this thread, i hope you're not tired of superlatives yet because i have to add to the long litany..

Quite simply awesome work, shiny by name and nature huh?

I'm just blown away chief.. Blown away..

shine
Well.. i've come a little late to this thread, i hope you're not tired of superlatives yet because i have to add to the long litany..

Quite simply awesome work, shiny by name and nature huh?

I'm just blown away chief.. Blown away..

Thanks a lot! Always nice to hear others opinions.

Yeah, got that nickname many years ago, can't imagine why?? he he he..

Espen B)

GLPoomobile

The little details such as the carbon cover shown above just make this so special. It's utterly flawless. Just goes to show that the old 8 valve engines can look pretty after all.

lotus205

errrrrr some one help me out here, is it wrong I should find that erotic!!!! B)

tom_m
Thanks a lot! Always nice to hear others opinions.

Yeah, got that nickname many years ago, can't imagine why?? he he he..

Espen B)

mr shine; him diamond! :)

shine

Finaly I get the car on track last weekend. The Weber's made that sexy noise and the Quaife LSD was worh every penny. Much more turn-in response and higher speed during corners. The differense in power is not measured yet, but last time I run on this track I did't get 6400 rpm on 4.th gear on the straight, now the shiftlight flash at 6400 rpm and I could swith to 5.th.

Bilde-013.jpg

I'am satisfied. After 25 laps everything were ok, no leaks and no loose bolts.

Hoping to get the car on rollers during next 2 weeks.

Espen

cybernck

any news on this? ;)

findlay

Lying in bed wondering what shiney was up to were you? :) lol

PLEASE update us, more pics, more info!!! ;)

speedyandy

Just seen you car in french cars mag. looks bloody awesome!

Richie

What a great car :blush:

shine

Thanks for all positive comments!

I'll scan the artickle in PGTI/French cars when the next issue of the mag is in the stores.

During this summer there have been a lot of drivning (on track), and only minor adjustments. Had some "small trouble" with jetting the Webers at first. Everything worked well when driving, but some struggeling when pushing trottle slowly. Tried different acc jets with, but didn't solve the problem.

Then I got some 36mm chokes( had 40 at first), and what a differense. Much more response during whole power band, and now the car handeled city traffic almost like a new car.

halsringer-2.jpg

In September I did my first race, in the Gatebil Racing series. That was a new experience, very different form ordenary track-day driving. Little scary with 14 cars and all of them want to go first around first corner....

racing-bane.jpg

Sorry for bad quality of pic. The car has great potential, but I think I'm too nervous for contact with other cars, so I don't push the limits......

Now it's winter and snow here in Norway, so it's time do play with some more details next 6 months. :rolleyes:

Espen.

welshpug

nah, raise it a little and go ice racing :rolleyes:

taylorspug

Racing it aswell, good man!

Easily the most impressive car on this forum, was reading the French Cars article the other day, a mindblowing amount of work and attention to detail- well done!