Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Mk1 106 Front Brakes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Richie-Van-GTi

Richie-Van-GTi
  • Drivers
  • 2,290 posts
  • Name:Richie
My young one has a mk1 106. Currently has solid disc set up on front which has seen better days. Is there a vented set up that bolts on that I can use? Currently overhauling the whole lot anyway inc master cylinder, lines and refurb rear end etc. On little 13" alloys so not after anything huge.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi, 03 May 2017 - 08:16 PM.

Alan_M

Alan_M
  • Drivers+
  • 4,521 posts

My young one has a mk1 106. Currently has solid disc set up on front which has seen better days. Is there a vented set up that bolts on that I can use? Currently overhauling the whole lot anyway inc master cylinder, lines and refurb rear end etc. On little 13" alloys so not after anything huge.

I'm also looking to upgrade the brakes but on my 306. It too has the solid discs, which are woeful. 

According to Brakes International, bigger engines early 106s such as the 1.3i Rallye and 1.4s used a caliper BCA1304/1305. This number also pairs up with 205 GTi 1.6 calipers according to their website. Don't take it as gospel though....their website has had mistakes in the past.

And

And
  • Drivers
  • 122 posts
  • Name:Andrew
Garage View Garage
You can use the 205 1.6 or 1.9 caliper with the 106gti or 205 1.9 brake disc or the simple way is just use the brakes from the 106 gti or Saxo vtr/vts they are all 247mm and will fit under 13in wheels the later 106 ran solid 247mm any way that's saying that it is a 4 stud car if not then you will have to get the discs drilled to 3 stud or change to later hubs and if that's the case the rear brake drum the 4stud one is bigger than the 3 stud one,

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts
  • Name:Mei
one important thing to check, 3 or 4 bolt wheels?

Richie-Van-GTi

Richie-Van-GTi
  • Drivers
  • 2,290 posts
  • Name:Richie

4 stud thankfully.

I now have a set of calipers and new discs (247 vented) . Also have a new 22mm MC in my storage place so will put them on with new pads, should have more chance of stopping then. :D