Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Porsche 924 Turbo Switch To Efi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Richie-Van-GTi

Richie-Van-GTi
  • Drivers
  • 2,290 posts
  • Name:Richie

Long shot but has anyone here had any experience with such a conversion? My friend races a 924 turbo but it is all on stock fuel etc, basically mechanical injection and dizzy / coil ignition. He has tried switching the ignition to a basic mappable system bnut it was poo as he couldnt control the fuel properly. Wondered if anyone knew of electronic injectors that will fit in the place of the mechanical ones?

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,760 posts
I'm not that familiar with a 924, but if injectors are already there surely at the worst its either machining or welding bosses to the inlet manifold to accept an electrical injector and a fuel rail?

Richie-Van-GTi

Richie-Van-GTi
  • Drivers
  • 2,290 posts
  • Name:Richie
Original injectors screw in. They are basically nozzles that spray all the time via a metering head

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,026 posts
  • Name:Mei
you may be able to use the adapters from a digifant equipped vw like the G60, some vw's used the same head for k-jet and the later digifant, though I'm not sure if they all share the same dimensions.