• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest flat-eric

Twin Fans

Guest flat-eric

on the 1.9 there is space to put two fans but obviously the oil cooler is in place of one. could this be re routed in order to in stall another fan?? wanna hav two big yellow fans behind my soon to be installed mad grill. :angry:

Guest jonnie205

Yes this can be done very easily, you either need to ditch cooler all together or you could fit a later water/oil cooler which does not use the space where the second fan would sit

Guest bedders

Are you fitting the extra fan for looks? Its just its not needed otherwise

Guest flat-eric

wot is the later one like then? dont wanna get rid heard it's a bad idea.

:angry::D:blink:

Guest flat-eric

yeh i'm goin for thin mesh in my new grills and seen it done on a 306 and it looked mint, so yeh more for the looks really. any advice welcome dude.

:angry:

Alan_M

If you've ever seen the temperature my 1.9 gets too, then you'll disagree!

I actually think its a worthwhile addition, useful for those huge motorway queues or for trackdays where you come off a session and want to cool the engine down.

Wurzel

It looks nothing like an oil cooler as you know it really. To be honest, if you are using the car simply for road use, then the oil cooler can be got rid of and the oil filter simply mounted directly on the block rather than the oil take off sandwich plate (there at the moment).

The only reason I fitted an extra fan to mine was when I was commuting a lot from Reading to Suffolk and got stuck on the M25. The car would 'appear' to cook. My Mocal oil cooler was strapped to the back of the radiator in front of the second fan. I could turn the fan on by manual switch to get things cooler, quicker. I was just afraid of splitting the old pipes on the engine as most of them are original when the car was built by the looks of things.

Other than that, the twin fans used to come on automatically with the rad temp switch.

This time of year (or even in our cool summers) I hardly hear the fans come on now. New radiator, flushed cooling system and a good mix of coolant/water seems to keep the engine well cool. A hard run followed by stand still idling results in temp guage rising to the 2nd bar from the right (ie two white lines left).

Up to you, but in hind sight for my particular useage, not necessary.

Guest flat-eric

well i'd like to have it on a swich on the dash, i'd like te build a push button start kinda button pod thingy u know, anyway like yourself i comute, the corsa i jst wrote off i had for 6 months from new and did 12 thou in her, i'm in the raf based in norwich but go to my mums at weekend's which is near tamworth. and i jst wanna make the front end more symetrical u know. i was also thinking of making a feature of the cooler ie bigger to make it look like a turbo intercooler i'm going for the dont mess wiv me cuz i'll waste you aproche. any idea's

Anthony

The Max Power forum is that way.... :angry:

Guest flat-eric

it aint a nova wiv a sun strip!!! :angry:

Guest bedders
If you've ever seen the temperature my 1.9 gets too, then you'll disagree!

I actually think its a worthwhile addition, useful for those huge motorway queues or for trackdays where you come off a session and want to cool the engine down.

TBH mate if ur 1.9 gets very hot then the problem isnt because of the lack of a second fan

On my mi16 when you leave it to idle it will go to 95 degrees, fan cuts in, goes back down to below 90 degrees etc etc, the second fan speed shouldn't come in unless theres something up!

A second fan would cool it slightly quicker but your talking a matter of seconds

I would rather have no fan for more airflow to the rad during high speed driving

Edited by bedders

Guest yoda
it aint a nova wiv a sun strip!!! :angry:

Are you sure? :D

Wurzel

Now Now Yoda and Anthony :angry:

Hang on a minute, just read that your CrabAir!! Open to any abuse as far as I'm concerned.

Only joking :D

One question though, do those issue trousers itch??

Guest flat-eric

nope, anyway u lot a dont read max p if i do buy a mag it's redline cuz they go into more detail about the cars. mind you bin a while sinse i sin a 205 in any mag cum to think of it. :angry:

Wurzel

Cool, but for f***s sake will you spell all the words properly, that way us old farts can understand what you're saying and you don't sound like a thick gimp.

Ta

Guest flat-eric

ok i'll try, but i do work in Norfolk! Think it may be getting to me a bit! :angry:

Wurzel

Tell me about it, I used to work near Ipswich. For a soft southern lad like myself, it was murder getting to grips with the accent and I'm from the sticks in Somerset!

No offence or anything but it would have been mentioned by others if I hadn't.

If twin fans are your thing, go for it is what I say.

Guest flat-eric

i think i'm gona do it. even if it's just for the look. i'm also toying with the idea of twin k&n,"one per wing" custom induction kit. i wana make the car look and sound aggresive but not stray to far from the standard look it's dropped 60mm as it is so look's ace! i wanna make a one off front end and smoothe the boot lid and get rid of that red strip on black trim and smooth it over and respray the lot.

i'm also going for standard rims but in gun metal grey wiv a polished rim.

oh and got rid of the spare so a duplex twin box zorst is on the cards.

any wya thanx for the help boss. happy new year.

Guest RALLYPUG

Jesus! :wacko:

With all that gear the car will weigh twice as much and be slower than your old corsa :lol:

Put an extra set of wheels on as well......like the old Elf grand prix car :lol:

The fans could look cool though......post some piccies when done B)

Guest flat-eric

man, anything is quicker than a 1.2 16v corsa sxi!!!! i kept checking to see if the hand brake was still on it was that bad!!

Yeh it should be cool! :wacko:

RichE

I have twin fans.

Peice of cake to fit. I have them because I live in Cental London, so i sit in traffic alot. Ive wired the 2nd fan upto a manual switch. It was impressive last summer that my car was lovely and cool even after 25 mins in traffic :wacko:

Guest flat-eric

you got any pics or advice? any help is welcome!

Simes

I've never had the second speed of my fan come on ever....

Sam
it aint a nova wiv a sun strip!!! :wacko:

an it ain't a txt 2 ur m8 !

Welcome to an english forum :lol:

Sign in to follow this