• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adam_young

Fitting Nimrods Onto My Car?

adam_young

Just purchased a set of 16" 206 GTi rims complete with new 205/45 Eagle F1's. Very happy and know they will look subtle yet sweet on my 306 Dturbo.

Anyway I now need to sort out some spacers and longer bolts so here is where I need the advice.

What is best to go for and where from?

Dont want to spend a fortune, but dont want to take risks when it comes to wheels falling off!

By my estimates I need 10mm spacers and then 10mm longer bolts.

I'm told that cheapo spacers of such a large size could give me wheel wobble at higher speeds. Seems plausable, because the quality does seem lacking.

My other 2 options so far are:

15mm hubcentric spacers with longer bolts on the rear (£55) and 5mm spacers on the front with OE bolts.

10mm TUV approved 4 wheel spacer kit with longer bolts for £94.

The 2nd option sounds fine, but thats a lot of money.

Your thoughts and advice are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam.

1 FAT PUG

you can get the spacers and the longer bolts from places like larkspeed/demon tweeks

Hilgie

If you buy the Nimrods of a 406, you don't need spacers at all, because they have right offset already!!!!!

C_W

Right I've been through all this with mine and there are (as always) many options.

1. As said, the 406 ones fit straight on but in the UK they seem very rare.

2. Use cheap 5mm spacers but you will lose the hubcentricity which you want to keep; even with 5mm spacers you will lose the spigot for locating the wheel, AND I wouldn't recommend used standard lenth bolts as there won't be enough thread.

3. I priced up 15mm hubcentric spacers from Demon Tweeks and all-in (4 spacers and 16 longer bolts) it would cost around £160. High quality Eibach spacers but definately not cheap.

4. I bought some 15mm hubcentric spacers much cheaper but you get what you pay for (they were very heavy and tolerences were suspect) but did the job though I didn't have the wheels long. With 15mm spacers they sat very well on my 205; the front wheels were pretty much flush, though they don't stick out as much as my deep dish wheels wich are 7J and ET11. Nimrods are 6.5J ET28 so with a 15mm spacers they become ET13. Fit nice on a 205; I was even thinking of going for 20mm on the back to fill the back to match the front more, though it may catch on a 205gti trim.

5. A place in Bolton sells 20mm aluminium hubcentric spacers (4) with longer bolts for around £50. There is a thread on the Peugeot Sport forum (probably November time mentioning the company - could be Autosport??? - and phone number). You should get away with 20mm spacers on a 306. With 20mm spacers the wheels will be ET8 and with a 6.5" rim as opposed to 7" rim (plus on a 306) I reckon they will fit fine without sticking out.

6. Or you could be really lucky like Phyr and bang them straight on without spacers!!!! :)

nb: a problem you will find with an overlength bolt is that nobody makes a longer wheel bolt for standard Peugeot alloy wheels (ie with a flatseated head); all longer bolts have a 60degree taper headed bolt as are most after-market wheels (and on most other makes too). To get around this I got some conversion washer which the tapered longer bolts sit in and the washer sits flat on the wheel (but you lose thread length). The other option is that you might be able to have the boltholes machined with a slight taper so the bolts don't cut into the wheel.

C_W

Are the "10mm TUV spacers with longer bolts" hubcentric spacers?

They might not be as it might not be possible on a spacer that thin; if that is the case I wouldn't buy them.

Guest kings205gti

I got 9.5 mm spacers set of two for a tenner from halfords, and bought extended bolts from southcoast wheels my local car shop for 2.50 each.

Edited by kings205gti

adam_young

Thanks for your replies guys.

To be honest I'm in two minds about doing it now. Tempted to put the rims on Ebay and get rid.

I really did not expect such a high cost for the spacers etc. Thought I could just put on a couple of sets of spacers.

I was told that you could get away with just bolting them onto a 306 without any fancy extra's, but that seems it was for 195 section tyres.

The wheels have new 205/45 F1's all round so it would be daft to swap the tyres.

I've tried bolting one of the Nimrods onto the back and they go on, but scrub on the rear arm. I'd imagine they would also scrub on the rear arch liners under load as well.

Think I'll try buying some 5mm spacers for a few pound and see if I can get away with that. If not then I'll sell them on. :lol:

DrSeuss

Take the tyres off and sell the two separately on ebay. You'll get more then enough for a decent set of alloys and tyres.

C_W

The tyres should be fine on a 306, true putting 195/45s will help but only because it's showing the offset is wrong, as a 205tyre will only overhang by 5mm extra and about 5mm taller.

neil54

ECP do a set of 2x10mm spacers for 16 quid so 32 quid + vat not that bad

neil

hd_andy

I had nimrods with 195/45's on my 306, they went fine on the front but I had to use spacers on the back, 5mm I think.

Have you tried them on the front?

Andy

Fearon

yeah 3 or 5mm spacers will be needed on the back, or sell them to me for my 205 GTi!!

Sign in to follow this