• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

AlexN

[project] 405 Mi16x4/t16 Track Car

B1ack_Mi16

I'm quite sure Alex is selling up some of the parts and is putting the project on hold due to buying a house and such family stuff.. so might be a loooong time till next update.

Good think I don't think he was going to sell the shell itself :)

AlexN

Yeah unfortunately real life has got in the way over the past year and a half but this project is definitely going to get finished! Like Kristian said the shell is not going anywhere but I am changing the build spec a little. There will be very little updates for the next 6 months or so until things settle down but hopefully towards the end of the I will get back on this with a vengence!

caballino

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATION ALEX!!!! I love your proyect!!! AMAZING ... REALLY AMAZING!!! :D:D:D:D

caballino

Alex, could you help with this, on stock T16 engine the hoses are connected on this way:

1 from Head Cilinder

2 from Carter Oil

3 from Carter oil

But when you installed the new Oil Catch Tank, how you connect the hoses?

0 the connector of the cilinder head to air?

1 to air?

2 to air?

3 to below of oil catch tank?

Maybe I have breather problem

kgao.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Regards

johniban

love the exhaust mani, wish i could get on of them made up

welshpug

bump

:P

AlexN

Ha yeah this thread is in dire need of a bump :-)

It's not forgotten this project, just a lot going on in my life like getting married, moving house (and indeed building the house!) and expecting a new addition to the family. But along with that lot a nice new garage is being built to house the car and hopefully, somehow I can find some spare time and money to get back on the project!

No timeline at present just as and when, but rest assured it will be finished, one day....

• Like 1

goce.speedy

Great project, i've been following it since the start, at the same time i got my mi16x4, i'm in the same position, every day jobs occupy all my time, but i'm still making some progress, the only bump i can give you is a link to my project , it may inspire you :http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3254-91-405mi16x4-rear-wheel-drive-conversion-north-south-engine/&page=1

goce.speedy

Ha yeah this thread is in dire need of a bump :-)

It's not forgotten this project, just a lot going on in my life like getting married, moving house (and indeed building the house!) and expecting a new addition to the family. But along with that lot a nice new garage is being built to house the car and hopefully, somehow I can find some spare time and money to get back on the project!

No timeline at present just as and when, but rest assured it will be finished, one day....

Hey alex, how about an update, where are you with the project, couple of photos, it's been 4 years no new photos.

AlexN

Sad to say but this is up for sale. Please have a look at the for sale forum if you are interested.

petert

Sad to hear you won't be able to finish it but well done nether the less. Always remember we are just mere custodians of classic cars and all we can do is hand them on to the next owner, hopefully in better shape than when we got them. It was interesting watching the Mi16x4 barn find on eBay earlier this week. I thought it would have gone for considerably more.

IRISH_MI16

For those wondering what came off it. Since being sold the cars been broke. 

I've got the Satchshift, polycarbonate windows and touring kit off it. The shell was also sold one after I bought the kit from the guy Alex sold it to

Crilleolsen

Danny. you have a PM.

and to all the rest of you guys. im looking for the adaptor plate between the engine and the gearbox, i would like to get in contact with the owner to it asap.

if you could email me : crilleolsen@gmail.com i would be really happy! 

welshpug

message satchell engineering, Colin may still have a cnc file for it.

IRISH_MI16
On 7/6/2010 at 10:51 PM, AlexN said:

4332528427_8ccbdc8af7_z.jpg

4333266094_ca8d15aa8c_z.jpg

4338153804_c0529fd4eb_z.jpg

4337409139_76c1203a88_z.jpg

4337409457_9fbc16e0f8_z.jpg

4338153182_c7f6297042_z.jpg

Sorry for the picture heavy posting! The external colour was matched to the original Peugeot white, I can't remember what it was called but it is a slightly off white colour.

The final part of the story of the shell is about a few little extras I bought to make the car a bit more special. One of the guys I met when I picked the engine up, and have got to know through the T16 forum (Mandic on here), came up with a find of genuine 405 Super Touring car in Slovenia! The guy who owned it was trying to get rid of it and I managed to buy the carbon fibre rear spoiler, the fibreglass front splitter, rolled arches and wind mirrors. These will also be painted white to match the car. One of the wings has a bit of damage but nothing that cannot be repaired. The rest of the shell got sold to a guy from Ecosse I think.

4382061585_ed60108d7b_z.jpg

4382061907_7f8a4ecf5a_z.jpg

4382825486_ca8b0971c0_z.jpg

That's it for now, I am knackered! The rest of the story will come later, if you guys are interested in it.

Hey guys as some of you might know I've got the kit now. 

Matt in eccose has the shell. 

I'm a little bit of a history nerd and I'm trying to put together a timeline of where the original touring car was and who raced it etc. 

Obviously I've tried contacting Alex but had no luck on that end. 

I'm pretty certain it raced in italiy in 1994 when it was built. 

Chassis and manufacturer below

Chassis No
V27/D2/07
Built By
Italtecnica

Any help is greatly appreciated 

cybernck

I think the kit came to the UK from Slovenia from @Mandic

Hope this helps!

jamorgan4

It's been months, and I am wondering what happened with this build. 

IRISH_MI16
8 hours ago, jamorgan4 said:

It's been months, and I am wondering what happened with this build. 

Alex sold it to a guy named Paul longstaff.

He then broke it ( I bought touring kit, windows and satchshift)

The shell went to North England iirc

jamorgan4
On 11/18/2021 at 8:08 PM, IRISH_MI16 said:

Alex sold it to a guy named Paul longstaff.

He then broke it ( I bought touring kit, windows and satchshift)

The shell went to North England iirc

Oops, it seems like you sell it to the wrong person.