• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cazzy93

Difference Between An Xs And Gtx

cazzy93

what are the difference between an gtx engine and xs engine, are the carbs exactly the same and what are the differancys i have just bought a gtx for scrap and have taking the engine out but if they are not the same i will just scrap it. cheers

swordfish210

The GTX's are fuel injected as far as i know, not carb fed.

AdamP

Exactly the same except it has the fuel injection from the AX GTi IIRC.

Ryan

There's also the Euro-spec GTX which has an incredibly nasty 1.6 Talbot engine.

cazzy93

well i have just bought a new 205 and on the boot it says gt but on the car reg forms it says it is a gtx also i has electric sunroof and a wire going into the exhaust just under the manifold.

DaveW

That would be a 1.4i gtx then, the wire would be for the lamba senor.

j_turnell
well i have just bought a new 205 and on the boot it says gt but on the car reg forms it says it is a gtx also i has electric sunroof and a wire going into the exhaust just under the manifold.

The GT was a 5 dr XS so it does sound like you have a GTX rather than a GT, plus having a lamba sensor also.

johnnyboy666

if you end up getting rid i might be interested in the gearbox :D

cazzy93

well it must have had an engine coversion but i will take pictues of parts that are not on my xs engine, it has the lamda sensour but it also has the twin choke xs carbs but it also has extra parts in the feul system, i am keeping the running gear but the car is getting scrapped how much are you offering for the gear box johnnyboy666, also any other parts anyone wants me to take anything of the car let me know ad ill keep it back then we can work out a price.

Miles

Kris, Can you stop spamming posts please with incorrect fact's the old Talbot engine was also seen in the 309's, Can;t recall the name of the engine now but your thinking of the old XU lump.

Worth remembering that the single point injection car's do look liek carb's at the first look

KRISKARRERA

Well I've deleted it now anyway. :rolleyes:

cazzy93

well i took some pictures tonight, here they are

the hole engine

PICT0002.jpg

the carb

PICT0003-1.jpg

this is on the carb but not on the carb of my xs

PICT0004-1.jpg

any more info would be great it also has the lambda sensour and the dipstick is on the right hand side of the exhaust instead if the left hand side.

callum.

Jrod

Dipstick on right means iron block iirc?

Edited by Jrod

DaveW

iron block i would say so too

AdamP

Didn't the GTX have an ali block like the XS?

*confused*

NeilGTi85
Didn't the GTX have an ali block like the XS?

*confused*

Im sure my GTX was Ali....and quick, I'll try and find some pics before it got run over by a 18ton lorry :)

Neil

Jrod

Nothing to say this engines original though, im 99% that dipstick on right will mean its an iron block.

Edited by Jrod

DaveW

I thought all the injection tu's are iron block? also the uk 205 rallye has a iron block carb engine....

Edited by DaveW

Para

One non technical thing. GTX was selling only in UK ;)

Foltan

I've got a GTX <_< let me know if you want an comparative pictures!

mhyphenl
I've got a GTX <_< let me know if you want an comparative pictures!

I've got a GTX and that isn't the same engine. The GTX was only made for one year and the engines were the 1.4i single point injection TU3/M. That is the XS carb 1.4 I think the documentation is wrong on the car! By the way, if you can separate the rear lighting loom complete with all the lights without cutting I'll have it!! That includes the rear fog and reverse! Don't worry if its too much trouble!

cazzy93
I've got a GTX and that isn't the same engine. The GTX was only made for one year and the engines were the 1.4i single point injection TU3/M. That is the XS carb 1.4 I think the documentation is wrong on the car! By the way, if you can separate the rear lighting loom complete with all the lights without cutting I'll have it!! That includes the rear fog and reverse! Don't worry if its too much trouble!

soory mate but the car is now scrapped, all i have keeped from this car is engine, gearbox, subframe driveshafts and front suspension, i have been told through word of mouth that it was a GR would that make any difference??

Foltan

Yeah it's certainly not a GTX intake and it doesn't have a lambda sensor, so it can't be the 1.4i

cazzy93

Foltan you say it doesnt have a lamda sensor, i may just be stupid but what else othere than a lamda sensor can the wire that comes out of the exhaust downpipe?

TB_205GTI
Kris, Can you stop spamming posts please with incorrect fact's the old Talbot engine was also seen in the 309's, Can;t recall the name of the engine now

XY :)

And the AX GTI has multipoint injection, the GT injection has singlepoint injection. The GTI has 955Bhp and the GT Injection 75. The original GT with Solex carb had 85Bhp. The AX sport had two double Solex's and 95Bhp. The XS had the same Solex carb as the AX GT and 85Bhp. The GT had the old XY engine with two double weber carburettors and 80Bhp. The GTX had the same single point injection as the AX GT injection and the 205 XRi - 75Bhp. At least that's how it was here in Denmark :unsure:

Sign in to follow this