• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cazzy93

Difference Between An Xs And Gtx

Foltan
Foltan you say it doesnt have a lamda sensor, i may just be stupid but what else othere than a lamda sensor can the wire that comes out of the exhaust downpipe?

But i couldn't see any wires coming out of the exhaust?! :lol:

The photo's not there now

NeilGTi85
XY :D

And the AX GTI has multipoint injection, the GT injection has singlepoint injection. The GTI has 955Bhp and the GT Injection 75. The original GT with Solex carb had 85Bhp. The AX sport had two double Solex's and 95Bhp. The XS had the same Solex carb as the AX GT and 85Bhp. The GT had the old XY engine with two double weber carburettors and 80Bhp. The GTX had the same single point injection as the AX GT injection and the 205 XRi - 75Bhp. At least that's how it was here in Denmark :)

If so I'll buy one :lol:

Neil

holland_gt

ive just bought a 205 badged as a GT, it has a 1.4 engine on a carb but also has a lambda sensor, electric windows and sunroof. Also is registered as GTX but it doesnt bother me that much!

Foltan

Hmm, if it's a GTX it should have a GTX badge, i've seen plenty of both 3- and 5-door versions on the road. However your spec sounds just like my GTX. Could it be a weird model that is a GTX but with the carb engine, from an XS or whatever?

holland_gt

Aye, thers a badged GTX in my local town and it looks the exact same as mine, just a bit worse condition. Odd but I prefer the carbs anyway :blink: Going to fit my twinchoke carb next weekend, got it free from a friend with a broken AX GT. perfect :huh: lol

holland_gt

Apologies, mine is injected as everyone else was talking about :)

Single point injection does look like a carb though, just never paid it enough attention!

James

Sign in to follow this