• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tony perks

Which Be Box Fits Tu?

tony perks

As it says in the title really looking to fit my be box onto a Tu engine to change down a couple of classes next yaer any ideas?.

bren_1.3

documented a few times on here. BE4R casing with BE3 internals.

sandy's your man, apparanly done a few.

Sandy

Mk1 Picasso 1.6 is the easiest to find, you need the intermediate bearing carrier too, it's unique to the Tube (TU engine BE box :ph34r: )

steve@cornwall

Don't know if it's of any use, but a neighbour is scrapping a saxo vtr , don't know what ratios it uses, but imagine it would bolt straight on?

tony perks
Don't know if it's of any use, but a neighbour is scrapping a saxo vtr , don't know what ratios it uses, but imagine it would bolt straight on?

Yep sure would fit but i want to use my close ratio be box and tran-x diff with 4.8 CWP!!, Besides the MA BOX IS PANTS.

Edited by tony perks

tony perks

What do you mean by the intermediate bearing carrier, Sandy, do you mean the jobbie on the back of the engine?

Sandy

That's the one yes. You'll need the linkages and levers off a 205 BE set up to bodge up too, unless you take the entire cable operated set up from a Picasso.

tony perks

Thanks Sandy, I will keep my eyes and ears open for one, there's nothing on thiefbay at the Mo.

Guest zeddy

Sandy, I notice you are in Truro, which is no too far from me. Would you be interested in fitting a TUBE conversion to my XS. I'm finding the MA box is too lightweight for rallying.

Cheers

Isaac

Sandy

PM'd.

Doesn't surprise me!

tony perks

have now found 3 boxes from a breaker in liverpool £100 each all on a pallet for £45 delivery, now just got to sort a decent tu to go into the car.

Sandy

Bingo, that's quite cheap for them lately. (Don't tell him!)

Sign in to follow this