• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andychalmers

French 1300 Rallye Engine

TEKNOPUG

Go on then, what's the difference between a UK and FR spec Rallye engine?

bren_1.3

different "style" of cylinder head on the FR spec engine. akin to any later model TU engine. bigger valves on inlet and exhaust. different valve stem width. crank throw is shorter on FR spec bottom end, and is a shorter block, its also all alloy and uses domed pistons.

the FR spec engine came with twin weber sidedraught 40 DCOM carburettors.

it made factory figures of 103bhp @ 8500??

Capacity wise the engine is 1294cc.

UK spec rallye engine, is iron block. with a single downdraught carburettor made by solex. its actually 75bhp and is 10bhp down on its alloy blocked sister engine found in the XS model. this is generally pinned down to the slightly milder cam shaft and carburettor. the engine uses flat top pistons.

capacity is 1360cc.

drmo
different "style" of cylinder head on the FR spec engine. akin to any later model TU engine. bigger valves on inlet and exhaust. different valve stem width. crank throw is shorter on FR spec bottom end, and is a shorter block, its also all alloy and uses domed pistons.

the FR spec engine came with twin weber sidedraught 40 DCOM carburettors.

it made factory figures of 103bhp @ 8500??

Capacity wise the engine is 1294cc.

UK spec rallye engine, is iron block. with a single downdraught carburettor made by solex. its actually 75bhp and is 10bhp down on its alloy blocked sister engine found in the XS model. this is generally pinned down to the slightly milder cam shaft and carburettor. the engine uses flat top pistons.

capacity is 1360cc.

Euro rallye has:

- bigger inlet valves (exhaust are the same as any other 8v TU)

- valve stem width is very similar (or the same) as 1.6 TU (106 1.3 rallye, 1.4 xsi,...) but with different bolt patern

- crank is the same as 106 1.3 rallye (if i'm right) but the block height is from 1.1 TU with shorter rods than that of TU2J2

- domed pistons are similar than that of TU2J2

- factory figures are 103 bhp @ 6800rpm

and the difference between K1A and TU24

SsLo_AJCLw9f5yyQ.v.jpg

christopher

Don't forget the flow figures..

The out of the box TU24 inlet ports figures are huge for a 1.3 engine in general and other TU 8v's even the 1.6 ones.

They are even way above the 106 1.6 XSi for example.

Edited by christopher

andychalmers
Andy, what was the car you took it out of? I sold a Tuned TU24 engine in a red 205 XS a few years back to a lad near yorks, just wondering whether it's done the rounds and come to you?

I'd be interested in seeing pics of it and possibly having it back if it is the one I built. Although if not I could tell you all about it!

Graham

Hi mate, yes I bought it in a Red 205 XS Rally car from a Lad near Sheffield (South Yorks), I bought 1 1/2 yrs ago plus think he had for a while. Could well be the same car, what else can you tell me about that car or engine just to confirm its the same 1.

Andy

tony perks

It probably has down draft carbs as the french spec dcom carbs will foul on the servo and master cyl of the rh drive uk car?.

205Rallee

I see Novembers Classic and Sportcar mag reckons 205 Rallyes are now worth circa £7,500 and there are only 3 left in the UK! I think they may have got their numbers mixed up!

bren_1.3
It probably has down draft carbs as the french spec dcom carbs will foul on the servo and master cyl of the rh drive uk car?.

thats not the case. there is room there. not a lot but it is there.

Sign in to follow this