• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jij205

Which Gearbox For 205...

Guest jij205

hello people i've just bown the diff in my peugeot 205 1400cc xr 1993. Im after a new gearbox but im not sure which gearbox will fit. Would a gearbox off a xs or gtx fit? If so wat is the gearbox code for them? Also does any 1 know the engine code for my 205 xr?

thanck people... jij :)

trogboy

Hey Jij,

They'll both fit but the XS one will be shorter than yours for definite whilst the GTX one may be also. In fact any box from a TU engined car will fit but later ones have thicker pins in the diff meaning you have to set the driveshaft seals a bit proud to prevent leaks. The GR and the UK Rallye have the same ratios as yours, as do many of the 1.1lt cars I believe.

Adam

BackStreetRacecars

do the cast iron tu blocks and the aluminium blocks not have a different bolting patern for the bellhousing??

swordfish210

Well i'v got an AX GTI gearbox on my XT so i'd have to say no they dont :(

AdamP
Well i'v got an AX GTI gearbox on my XT so i'd have to say no they dont :)

But but but they're both ali block arent they?

They do both have the same bell pattern though.

Jrod

Na the GTI has an iron block, same as the older 106 xsi.

AdamP
Na the GTI has an iron block, same as the older 106 xsi.

Does the 205 GTX have the iron block?

Guest jij205

Is mine a alloy block? is there a part number on the gearbox so when i get a new box i will know what part to get. so ur saying a 1.1 gearbox would fit aswell as a xs...would a 1.1 gearbox be better for accelartion? im takin the xs box would be better for acceleration. What will have to replace when change my box?

Sign in to follow this