• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jij205

Engine Modifications

Guest jij205

hello people i've got a 25 xr and was wondering if theres any cheap mods i can do 2 increase torgue/power. would xs cams fit? any mods from other 205? cheers

Jrod

Yes, XS cam and carb.

Edited by Jrod

BERTMAN

grab the XS gearbox whilst your at it too, wont increase power or torque but itll feel nippier

Edited by BERTMAN

Jrod

No don't tell him that. i'm trying to collect them as they explode so often. :):)

Guest jij205
No don't tell him that. i'm trying to collect them as they explode so often. :lol::lol:

Yeh i've a felling the 205 gearbox are a bit *cough* s*itty. i've ahd my 205 about a year in totally and it's on it's 3rd box. im gettin fed up of goin 2 the garage for them 2 fix it now tho so gunna get my own box and fit it myself. Woul i need to fit a xs nlet for the carb? also will i need to chnage the amout of fuel entering the tb?

bren_1.3
No don't tell him that. i'm trying to collect them as they explode so often.

when are you going to the BE4R box?? or do you need to hoard them for regs not allowing un-original boxes?

Jrod

I have to use standard. :lol::(

Some members of our motoclub rebuild them now so hopefully should keep me going. I've just bought a new everyday car so alot less mileage going on the rallye/xs now.

Edited by Jrod

holland_gt

hey, will the cam from the xs help my gtx?

I don't know much about the cams in the tu3's

thanks guys

Anulfo

Ok im in the market for a 205 as a little runner/cheap daily hack type thing.Although id love a GT or XS they seem to be so thin on the ground now (well decent ones do). Noticing that there are a few 1.1's still around im wondering what the main differences are between the 1.1's and 1.3's...apart from the engine size??Is the suspension/braking system different etc???

What im getting at is could a 1.1 be ugraded by simply bolting in the bigger engine??

Cheers

bren_1.3

its a simple as that yes. just pull out the old 1.1 and put in the 1.4 from a 205 rallye/xs/xr. its a straight swap.

Anulfo

Cheers for the info mate.

johnnyboy666

the suspensions different too, iirc the xs has a slightly thicker arb

Sign in to follow this