• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jij205

Gearbox Removal...

Guest jij205

Hello people does any 1 know were theres a guide on how to remove and replace a gearbox on a 1993 205 1.4 XR. Also How would i find out what the probelm in my gearbox? as far as i know it's the diff thats gone in the box? howwould i check this while the box is still on the car? How can i check if it's the cutch or even clutch cable or gear linkage??? a mate had a look on the car whilest i was out he said u can select gear and put ur foot down and the revs go up and the speedo i fink? i know when i changed the clutch before it was covered in oil. also when i selecd fourth gear it wont go in as it does in the other gears if any 1knows what mte be wrong with it then please let me know...cheers jij

ablister

could be the clutch slipping.

ps speak english, no 'txt' speak please

andychalmers

could be a few thing like clutch or you've spun the Crown wheel on your diff as these are only pressed on. Try putting in reverse and if it does try to go back its probbably that. I've done this twice in my rally car.

Replacing the box is fairly straight forward, buy or get hold of a Haynes manual, this will explain how to remove etc.

Sign in to follow this