• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johny105_y2k

Emissions On A 1.1

johny105_y2k

Morning all.,

the mrs car failed yester day on emisions. the tester said -

"its had a centre section and it looks as though the sealant has dropped inside if i was you i'd take it off and clean it up and re-seal it then it'll most likely go through. you wont need a lambda"

true it has had a centre section, but why would taking it off and re-sealing would it bring the emisions down? i cant get my head round it.

the lambda is on the downpipe :P

any suggestions??

johny

its a 1.1 tu

Edited by johny105_y2k

welshpug

if its leaking exhaust gases pre-cat the emissions results will be out.

johny105_y2k

there's no blow there though. . . .

RossD

What were the emissions from the test? By the sounds of it the Lambda was out of range because of the leak in the exhaust, so the tailpipe sniffer was reading artificially weak. (Even though the Lambda on the car is fine) Remember, CAT cars can fail for the emissions being weak (IE Lambda out of range high or low)

EDIT: Just re-read, no exhaust leak.... Need the actual results to comment further then :P

Edited by RossD

johny105_y2k

well i've been doing the other jobs on the vehicle and have found the tester to be incredably petty. but the computers were down so i haven't got a exhaust print out .but having looked at the back box joint to the centre section its all covered in soot but there is no audible blow so i'm going to clean it up and see....

if not i'll make sure i get a printout

thanks

johny

What were the emissions from the test? By the sounds of it the Lambda was out of range because of the leak in the exhaust, so the tailpipe sniffer was reading artificially weak. (Even though the Lambda on the car is fine) Remember, CAT cars can fail for the emissions being weak (IE Lambda out of range high or low)

EDIT: Just re-read, no exhaust leak.... Need the actual results to comment further then :)

Sign in to follow this