• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Subby

Rallye Engine

Subby

ok, sorry for the stupid questions, im clueless about these engines.

Im about to buy a 205 rallye for a stupid low price, which has a cam belt fail. Me and a friend are taking it on as a project, and something to do in our spare time.

Basically, which heads fit this engine? i know the 1.3 started off development as the 1.1, if so, can you use those heads?

Im hoping the its only the valves that have gone, but i would probaly change the cam to be sure, but i would be much happer if a known good head went on !

any help would be much appreciated

thanks!

AdamP

Is it a 1.3 Euro Rallye or a 1.4 UK Rallye?

Subby

not sure as of yet, it was only a small ad in the local paper, about to go look at it.

are UK ones still worth getting ?

Jrod

Uk ones are s*ite engines, iron block and only 75bhp.

Subby

its a uk one !

Do Gti engines fit to these cars?

After going to look at it, its got a very tidy interior, bodywork has a few rust patches, and obviously the engine has a snapped cam belt whilst pulling out a car park.

They want £250. i wouldnt buy it for more than 100 tbh.

but are these models still sought after ? i cant see many on PH or auto trader

Edited by Subby

Sandy

Desirable to soem of us, others couldn't care less. The shell takes the GTI engine ok, but the subframe, gear linkages, hubs, exhaust, loom, fuel tank and lines all need changing.

Henry Yorke

Lot of work to make to GTI spec. Also you get into arch catching problems if you want uprate the suspension and fit GTI wheels.

There is a very tidy one for sale on the forum at the moment which will probably sway your mind as to do you want one or not!

Sign in to follow this