• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tandoh

My 205 Junior '93 Injection Or Not?!?!

Tandoh

HI

I have had my 205 Junior 1.1 '93 for a couple of days, and im trying to work out if its injection or not. I looked atteh engineand thought there was a carb on it, but realised that i could have mistaken it. The bit that confused me is that it has an automatic choke :s I can add a pic of the engine if this helps

Also i know that this has been said many times, but any easy mods for a bit more ummph =]

Thanks all

Luke

johnnyboy666

im going to guess that it's single point injection being a '93, probably looks a little like a carb to the untrained eye, the best mod for more umph would be to swap the engine for one out of an xs but that may be a little extreme depending on how much money/effort you're willing to put in

john

GazRallye

Yeah i'd say its an injection too, think they changed everything in '92 after the emissions laws changed and everything started hang cats on them.

Not reallly worth trying to tune the 1.1, if you want more power put a bigger engine in. 106 Gti engine will go in with some work :rolleyes:

Tandoh

Cheers guys. I think you are right about the injection, as its power is delivered so differently to my old 1.1 xl on a carb.

I was thinking about sorcing an XS gearbox, any noticable improvement to you reckon? Ive already got some rallye suspension on the way =]

Super Josh

I would just sort out the handling, then you'll be able to keep your foot planted for longer and go around the corners much faster :)

Josh

Tandoh

So was rallye suspension a good idea? Only £9.50 on ebay ha :)

Its got 165/70/r13's at the moment. Maybe some 1.6 pepperpots with 185's?

Im also looking out for upper and lower strut braces on ebay cheap at teh moment.

mainline

Thats a bargain for the suspension, is that just front springs and dampers, or rear dampers too?

Strut brace is probably a good plan too.

Have fun tuning it up!

steve@cornwall
Thats a bargain for the suspension, is that just front springs and dampers, or rear dampers too?

Strut brace is probably a good plan too.

Have fun tuning it up!

Would have been a better bargain at the bid I put in :D ( or better for you if I didn't bid) guessing they were the ones advertised just up the road from me!!! Looks like my 1.1 will get GTi jobbies instead. I'd go along with just suspension mods maybe lower it a tad, too if yours sits as high as mine

Edited by steve@cornwall

Namder

don't think it will be a stright swap on the suspension as drop links and antiroll bar will be need to install properly i've had my fair share of 106 rallyes

easy power plant to put in tho citroen AX GT 1.4 single carb but revs like mad!!

steve@cornwall
don't think it will be a stright swap on the suspension as drop links and antiroll bar will be need to install properly i've had my fair share of 106 rallyes

easy power plant to put in tho citroen AX GT 1.4 single carb but revs like mad!!

205 Rallye suspension for Tandoh I think, and for mine GTi struts / springs only. Both will fit fine on their own

bensonmi

cheap mod, strip it out completely! with the different suspension you talk about it should handle really well being so light and it doesnt cost a thing.if you dont like it its easy enough to put back in again.

Tandoh

Cheers for all you replys. Sorry for stealling the Rallye suspension from you Steve :)

I stripped out my last 1.1 which was an XL. It was alright but really cold inside lol.

I was thinking of a bolt on filter or green induction kit if they do one for my model.

If i copuld source a XS gearbox do you reckon its worthwhile?

Thanks

Luke

johnnyboy666

i dont think an induction kit would give any usefull gain other than a nicer sound to be honest, and unfortunately xs gearboxes are a bit thin on the ground these days to say the least!(also the gearbox wont give you extra power, just change the acceleration and top speed) as somebody mentioned the ax gt engine (identical to xs engine and 205 gt engine - tu3s) would be your best bet as you're more likely to find one with a gearbox attached, you could try and find an accident damaged car with a good engine and just take the bits you want and scrap the shell?

Sign in to follow this