• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iamjackiechan

[engine_work] Its Not Size That Matters

iamjackiechan

Bit more work done.

Remote oil filter fitted and the piping done.

Boost pipes now finished using blue, red and yellow silicone joiners :D

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

The wastegate pipe is 1mm off the oil cooler so not ideal, i will have to chop and weld this pointing somewere else.

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

I also got a set of 20mm hubcentric spacers which are studded, for the bargain price of £30 including all the nuts and bolts. The back looks perfect but the front i think is verging on illegal, if this becomes a problem to the police i will just turn it down on the laithe.

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

Im really happy with the look the spacers have given, i think it makes the car look quite mean.

Thanks

Will

James_m

Looks like something out of mad max! Must be almost complete, got your ECU sorted yet?

iamjackiechan

I LOVE mad max and prob get alot of my inspiration from that, so I'm pretty happy you said that.

Ecu is still currently non existent, saving at the mo so should get it soon.

Will

Rich_p

Regarding the wheels sticking out, there are arches the same as that available, just wider, You could pop a pair of those on?

welshpug

I'd be more concerned about the steel arches cutting those tyres to shreds than trying to cover them.

iamjackiechan

There fibreglass arches, but yes that has crossed my mind, il have to wait till the car is back on the road to see if this becomes an issue

Tom Fenton

The arches may be GRP, but I'm assuming the wings are still steel, it is the edge of the steel wing I think you'll have problems with, I knackered a tyre from running too low and the steel cutting into the sidewall, and that was only 309 wishbone extra width.

I've a feeling you will also get into bother with the screamer pipe, I would consider piping it back into the exhaust system, as a decent system will flow enough to not need the screamer.

iamjackiechan

The fibreglass arch sits quite abit lower than the steel wing but this is a good point and something I will definatly need to keep an eye on.

In what way do you think I will get into bother with the screamer pipe? With the police?

Thanks

Will

custard-rallye

whats the story with this did you ever finish it if the engine is ever for sale pm me

Josh_Quant

have you uprated your lower engine mount yet?

mikeygulley

Liking this build, looking forward to seeing more!

JasonGTI6

Love how the front wheels are sitting!!