• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

[engine_work] 205 Gti 1.9 Miami Blue

cybernck

No, the difference is in pistons, cam and engine management.

By the way Chris, that bubblewrap cover was probably the most lightest bonnet ever! :lol:

BlueBolt

By the way Chris, that bubblewrap cover was probably the most lightest bonnet ever! :lol:

Just a shame it would melt and is probably restrictive to the bodies!! :lol:

BlueBolt

Been an absolute age since I have made any updates, so here goes for a quick one::

First off I finally removed the front splitter, not because I don't like it, but I decided as I couldn't get my foot under it then it was less than ideal for use when the snow came, left it till the lady minute, and we got a mass of one morning of snow!! Should have left it put!!

Been toying with a few bits here and there; interior is back in, rear seats and parcel shelf, harness' out (they got a little too annoying after a while!!) and now able to carry more than one child at a time lol

Few new issues I've encountered:

Started running lumpy as fcuk on Friday night on the way home, so had a look around the engine and found my problem!! Nice looking sparks!!

97BAD8AC-00BC-4C18-85B1-665D63C1B159-454

This pic was taken last night after I had cleaned them up the day before and then done about 25 miles on them with the car running much better. They've now been replaced with new items. Car feels completely different!! Added to 6 month service parts list!!

Next issue:

The drivers side window!!!

Started a few weeks ago when the motor made a lovely crunching noise, dropped an inch, and wouldn't move anywhere. A 1:50am job to sort out when I got home from work, learnt all about the door internals and how the window works.

So I had the window sorted, or do I thought... Next day I try to lower it, nothing happens!! No noise, no movement... I leave it for another day, Friday to be exact, till I look at it again. Driving to work with the door card already out due to knowing I would need to finish the window works off. Sat at some temp lights and have a quick look to see what's going on to find that the metal bar that grips the window is actually at the bottom of the door!! Yay!!

That's a fiddley bloody things to sort!! However, I do still need to replace that with a less corroded item and rubber that actually has some bounce left to it and less chalk effect to it!!

Whilst the door card has been off the opening handle has decided that it wants to start acting up, meaning I now need to make sure I have pressure on the back of it in order to open the door... I can live with this for a fortnight till I get time to sort it out...

Two weeks time will be service weekend, after payday, will see what other issues start to crop up then!!

BlueBolt

Well, its a sad day, but I guess its time to close this thread down. First for a quick update though...

The at had gone from state to state of stripping out, and much to the love of my neighbours won the "ironically rain covered car of the month" trophy::

null_zps4a4abbd5.jpg

Finally though I got a nice letter from out estate manager asking me to move the shell, which I have done. Sad times :(

null_zps81a0b030.jpg

The last time she was on the back of one of these she was off to see Miles and have a load of money spent on het, I do hope and hadn't got her hopes up too much this time as that was as far from what was happening as possible!!

Its been a fun one, and by no means will be the last one!! I have plans for the next one already!! Non road legal, track only, and spend some time doing everything right!! Engine first, and I'll go from there after that!! I'll make sure I update and start a thread as soon as I have anything under way!! I'll be staying on the forum often mind, still got some of the bits for sale left and I have lots of research to be doing too!!!

Anyway... Goodbye to Miami... You've helped others in your stripping!!

Daviewonder

He's banned, he can't answer.

What did he get banned for? I must have missed that one.

Slo

Oh is he lol didn't know I thought the only one round here that got banned recently was calvin?? Oh well was going to ask what camera he used on the number plate too.

cheers dave

dcc

he broke the car because he had been a naughty boy and didn't want to risk having it towed away and crushed. He also set up a new business and wanted to release some money for a van

Slo

Oh seemed such a shame to strip it after all the time money and workmanship that went into it but yeah at least the section 59 party didn't get it. Don't suppose anyone knows what camera he used in his videos do they?

Daviewonder

Good old Calvin. One of the best god damn members this forum ever had!

Wait a sec, who's Calvin?

Slo

Calvinhorse was it then? with the space frame 205?

Slo

Ahh my bad, so do you know what camera he used? Cheap £12 usb camera doesn't narrow it down much

dcc

can we turn this into a petition to ban calvinhorse anyway?

• Like 1

calvinhorse

Who should I send a 'c*nt' message to?

• Like 2

Davy

...Ok!, confused newbie here and this is mental!... ...

...Who the f?@k is camera?! :blink:

:lol:

Slo

Who should I send a 'c*nt' message to?

haa haa sorry about that mate couldnt remember his name

Slo

Oh, the video camera's I didn't think were working did work...

Not bad for some little tiny £12 camera... You get the hint about the noise produced, the camera was clipped onto the number plate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65z2jpb6PTA&feature=youtu.be

The camera he was on about in this post

Edited by Slo

calvinhorse

haa haa sorry about that mate couldnt remember his name

All good mate :D