• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johniban

[Engine_Work] White 205 Uk Rallye 1.6 16V

johniban

also now i have a gearbox oil leak from the passenger side diff seal and the rocker covers are pissing out witch has covered the engine and box! errghh anoyying things!

but that brings me to the manifold pics.

i have had this manifold a while and its cracked and ive repaired it a number of times, but ive had now to chop it up and mod it to fit the rallye so here are the pics of that, you can see my oil situation..

2A40BEE9-8479-41C7-8964-89EA728A4F2E_zps

79405685-70D4-4818-922B-75039BBC30D6_zps

843C9CEF-EE7F-49AD-A90E-245DEA32DB93_zps

A003B274-F169-4021-BBEA-E85D89063CA4_zps

CFB1EB02-A2A8-491B-B920-105D8E9CFD9C_zps

lost a flange bolt..

54CEFF9B-271A-43F4-A7F9-CF6DFFC8B926_zps

you can see how thin the OD of the center section is compared to the manifold witch makes it sounds really raspy lost my pops and bangs i used to get in the 106 so will be making a custom exhaust up soon.

55B162C0-F5FC-4739-A9F2-04BB5355A2CB_zps

jamie_1992

How did you wire up the Rev counter?

johniban

just joined the wire from the ecu to the dash wire, cut remember the wire number off top of my head but i can look them up if you need them?

jamie_1992

oh quite simple then if you can find it out would be great

dcc

none too shabby that downpipe.

This was always a conversion which tickled my fancy, but only if it were 151 bhp or more.

calvinhorse

I will probably get crucified for this...

In the past on leaking MA gearboxes I have re torqued all the bolts holding the casings together and it has worked.

They are usually really loose

Disclaimer- I'm no expert, this is just something I have stumbled upon, it's always worked for me with no side effects..

johniban

none too shabby that downpipe.

This was always a conversion which tickled my fancy, but only if it were 151 bhp or more.

I wouldn't have thought that it wouldn't have been all that with around 120bhp, i guess thats what the engine puts out as it is what they are from standard and as far as i know it only has a 421 manifold, but its always been pretty quick when it was in the 106, without pub talk ive had a play with a few cars, clio 197's and 182's and would pull past them with ease maybe its down to the weight.

the engine, you can feel its weight its by no means a light engine, i still have all the base model set up and it will stay like that as im not too worried about handling.

I dont really want any more power for now as its in a rallye that has tiny wheels and tyres and you cant use the power it has in 1st gear at all as it just spins the wheels.

i think it would be awesome fun with an LSD so i could use 1st gear without wheel spin while still keeping the rallyes looks with its wheels and tyres.

but yeah the engine doesnt have alot of bhp but it drives totaly different to the 1.9 gti engine, the power comes in around 4k and goes like a rocket for a little engine. enough power for me for now.

johniban

I will probably get crucified for this...

In the past on leaking MA gearboxes I have re torqued all the bolts holding the casings together and it has worked.

They are usually really loose

Disclaimer- I'm no expert, this is just something I have stumbled upon, it's always worked for me with no side effects..

That would make sence to be honest, the gearbox has been through alot, ive had it apart a couple of times, when i first bought the 106 it had no 1st gear, stripped the box to find 1st gear had burred over teeth where someone has been selecting 1st gear while being in reverse or the other way around, so its got a new 1st gear and syncro in it, used to work for pug/citroen so have a draw in my tool box full of MA gearbox parts. it has a mixture of parts in it, the diff planets are from a 4 speed citroen AX gearbox, but its done well not had it apart for 3 years, the oil leak is from the diff seal, not sure why as it was ok in the 106, i probably have a spare one so will chuck it on when i get a chance.

johniban

oh quite simple then if you can find it out would be great

Do you have the same engine in your car then?

jamie_1992

iv got an xs sat around doing nothing and a saxo vts engine in the shed to the two plan to meet sometime soon

Basher

Very nice, debating whether to fit the 16v in mine, it's fitted with a vtr engine on 40s, just hot mappable ignition fitted and when checking it over found a plug that had dropped a tip, blew out the cylinder and fitted a new plug but need to do a compression test and see if it's goosed. Got a 16v there to put back together but will need to find a manifold for the 40s

welshpug

Youll need that bracket from gearbox to downpipe, or as you said it will crack, again.

Ss manifolds are nororious for cracking.

johniban

Youll need that bracket from gearbox to downpipe, or as you said it will crack, again.

Ss manifolds are nororious for cracking.

yeah thats already fallen off once. its really a cheapo crappy thin material manifold, you can see where its cracked at the front and ive welded up the cracks and plated them too. for now it works and its not broken, i really dont want to buy a new shiny one to cut it up

Very nice, debating whether to fit the 16v in mine, it's fitted with a vtr engine on 40s, just hot mappable ignition fitted and when checking it over found a plug that had dropped a tip, blew out the cylinder and fitted a new plug but need to do a compression test and see if it's goosed. Got a 16v there to put back together but will need to find a manifold for the 40s

i have a very good vtr engine for sale! came from a s2 106 rallye and was in my 205 rallye

Dave G

Have you had to change the fuel pump with this setup?

johniban

it already had a 1.6 8v injection engine so has the 205 gti tank and pump

johniban

Got a fiberglass bonnet off giles, always a good chap to deal with, very nice condition, got it fitted today, took roughly 15 mins. not the greatest of fitment but what do you expect from a fiberglass item.

B63779CD-CD61-4570-AA0A-7ADEB3688861_zps

• Like 2

johniban

unsure on the white bonnet catches, may end up fitting black ones or carbon ones not sure yet.

Also ive fixed an anoying oil leak coming from the metal cam covers, tried to seal these in the past but they just kept leaking. bought some JP4 plastic covers off a local garage owner for £20 got them fitted tonight, unfortunately the bonnet doesn't fit with the coil pack cover on so have going to have to make a flat one of them up.

9F63AC3E-F07E-4D15-A100-1866F0D3304A_zps

EC68EE72-43C9-4BCA-9E49-1DD76644DC75_zps

BCD8C845-CB3F-443F-B417-BACA825AFB30_zps