Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Engine_Work] Dobboy's Clean-Up / Gti6

582 replies to this topic

wicked

wicked
  • Drivers+
  • 611 posts
Garage View Garage

The pressure on the tires was a bit low.... So it improved bit, but still heavy.

Mac Crash

Mac Crash
  • Drivers+
  • 536 posts
  • Name:Colin
Garage View Garage

No, your right Jack, great car in it's own right... just kind of resent it being referred to as "Classic Mini" when it is actually "The" Mini.

The BMW car doesn't do anything that a 100 other cars won't do... but the only the Mini was able to do what it could it do in it's era, nothing replicated it.

What do people think is the best PAS rack on a 205? The OE from the late cars?

Andy

Andy
  • Drivers
  • 306 posts
  • Name:Andy Wright
Garage View Garage
Phase two VTS rack with nearly 2.7 turns lock to lock ( thank you Welshpug) minus the hydraulic ram and with electric assistance in the column is great . Still slightly heavier than my R53 mini at parking speeds but still o.k and lovely on the move . It is heavier than the assisted 205 gti (3.2) but definitely more fluid on the move. As my eps is adjustable, I can turn down the assistance to zero( small potentiometer mounted below the rhs air vent. Without assistance, I agree with Tom. The car becomes dangerous as the steering is far too heavy for rapid steering inputs at low and medium speeds.

Reply to this topic