• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Bucket Seats

Alan_M

Not too sure on this, but I need a seat that I can put my boy's child seat into.

I did have the standard GTi seat as a passenger seat but given my 205's stripped interior and intended purpose, I'd prefer to fit a bucket seat.

I can't see this being dangerous, as long as the childseat is secure and I drive sensibly on the roads. Not as if I'm going to blat around track stylee with my boy in the car.

Is it possible to use the standard seatbelts along with harness's?

Anybody done this?

jackherer

My mate has done exactly that and its fine, he got some funny looks but other than that no problems.

tom_m

if you're not planning on obstructing any of the seat belt points then i can't see the problem. get the littlen broken in early :rolleyes:

jim205GTI

Apart from baby ones i thought child seats had to be in the back........ not sure though :)........

My boy sits in the back i take the front headrest out and he's happy.... only thing is that he keeps trying to open the rear window and i forget to check that they're closed :rolleyes:

been looking at integras lately....mmm but she been like no because of the buckets in the front mmmm :P

Cas

No childseats can be anywhere in the car, however for younger babies and rear facing seats cant be in the front of cars with passenger airbags because if they go off they will push the seat in to the chair thus squishing baby between the babyseat and the car seat,

Jakobs seat is a forward facing maxicosi with a bar that comes down out the front to the floor so on impact it pushes against that and keeps the seat in place ^_^

Edited by Wallers

Sign in to follow this