Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

1.6 With A 1.9 Crank

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

matty_gti

matty_gti
  • Drivers
  • 751 posts
  • Name:Matt
And failing that I supose you could skim the pistons down a bit but then that kind of defeats the object :)

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,025 posts
  • Name:Mei
Depending on how much clearance there is this would be the ideal time to drop in a nice cam :)

Though if its on standard AFM I would leave it, different story if you upgraded to MP3.1...

matty_gti

matty_gti
  • Drivers
  • 751 posts
  • Name:Matt

Depending on how much clearance there is this would be the ideal time to drop in a nice cam :)

Though if its on standard AFM I would leave it, different story if you upgraded to MP3.1...

is that Mi managment?

DamirGTI

DamirGTI
  • Pitcrew
  • 2,742 posts
  • Name:Damir
Well it's not ideal , this re-curved dizzy ignition system for 11.1 CR engine , but it's good enough for starter :) by all means mappable ignition will be the best option cos you'll be able to squeeze full potential of such modified engine :D

So with good ignition system there will be no need for skimming the pistons , enlarging the combustion chamber/volume or similar stuff - just min. 98 RON octane petrol and good ignition system properly timed will be all what's needed :(

I'll be fitting MS soon cos i want to see how much power/torque i can squeeze from this engine with mappable ignition/fueling , although it's very nice to drive as it is now on this the H&H re-curved dizzy :D

Damir

pug_ham

pug_ham
  • Team Managers
  • 18,423 posts
  • Name:Graham
Garage View Garage

is that Mi managment?

No, MP3.1 is from either a BX GTi, 405 SRi (some not all) the ZX.9i Volcane.

It'll make better use of the cam on this system than a standard AFM dizzy etc but ideally a remap is needed to get the full benefit of the cam.

Graham.

vickiw106

vickiw106
  • Drivers
  • 146 posts
Will doing this decrease the cc of the engine

I maybe wrong but I was talking to a friend that runs a 1.9 rally car and he is under the impression that the diameter of the 1.9 and 1.6 pistons and liners are different to obtain the 1900 cc

also I am currently running a 1600 rally car on carbs and a grp a head, do you think firstly there will be enough clearance on the valves/piston and also will the 1600 dizzy work or will I have to run a 1900 dizzy.

Edited by vickiw106, 30 December 2008 - 12:20 PM.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,025 posts
  • Name:Mei
no, its purely the different stroke and length of conrod that makes the difference in capacity, the liners and pistons are exactly the same diameter.

As for clearance it depends what entails a "group A" head, for the dizzy you really would need a modified one to make the most of the engine, or fit mappable management.

vickiw106

vickiw106
  • Drivers
  • 146 posts

no, its purely the different stroke and length of conrod that makes the difference in capacity, the liners and pistons are exactly the same diameter.

As for clearance it depends what entails a "group A" head, for the dizzy you really would need a modified one to make the most of the engine, or fit mappable management.

Ok
Correct me if Iím wrong

So basically what we are saying to run a 1900 engine with 1600 pistons with modified dizzy

My group a head is ported polished big valves piper grp a cam and skimmed to increase cr (donít know how much though)