Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Which Exhaust And Manifold?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ravydavy

ravydavy
  • Drivers
  • 240 posts
right I've tried searching on here in the search for manifolds and it basically brings everything up apart from what I need. I'm thinking a maniflow manifold for my mi16 but after that I need help lads. Has anyone proven figures with exhausts on the rollers? Which do I buy? I'd like to keep within most trackday limits if poss. Otherwise what's the point. Tried calling DES today but weren't open but to be honest I'm glad cause I want your advice first before I buy.
Your help in advance is much appreciated.
Best regards and a happy new year
David

Saveit

Saveit
  • Drivers
  • 472 posts
If you engine is not highly tuned, then dont bother. The standard manifold is quite decent. You will not gain very much compared to the price of a full racing exhaust system. You could change the exhaust system from the manifold and backwards to 2" or 2.5". This is much more effective at a price/performance point of view.