• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtiburge

Very Odd Running Problems

gtiburge

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=60923

​

i have the exact same problem that is described hear i have emailed the person who started the topic and as of yet no reply wondering if any one else can shed any light on the mater

things i have done allready

new recon afm by atp electronics

new plugs leads dizzy cap and rota arm

new ecu temp sensor

used new to be good ignition amplifier reapplied paste

new plug for ignition amplifier as wires where not great

new sad

cant find any air leaks replaced inlet mani gasket

completely baffled

Bobbafett

Have you cleaned the throttle body bypass screw? Makes the idle rough when it's dirty.

One day I drive my 205 and it pulls like a beast and the next it runs like crap. I'm convinced these cars have an actual thinking consciousness that likes to torture you sometimes just for the hell of it. Only thing you didn't mention was the ignition coil. I did have a problem with big power drops recently which turned out to be the coil.

gtiburge

Have you cleaned the throttle body bypass screw? Makes the idle rough when it's dirty.

One day I drive my 205 and it pulls like a beast and the next it runs like crap. I'm convinced these cars have an actual thinking consciousness that likes to torture you sometimes just for the hell of it. Only thing you didn't mention was the ignition coil. I did have a problem with big power drops recently which turned out to be the coil.

have you got the coil on the right hand side of the wing as that is what i have ?

Bobbafett

Nah i've got a motronic where the coil is mounted on top of the inlet manifold.

Weser

coils were mounted on the passenger wing on phase 1 cars

gtiburge

coils were mounted on the passenger wing on phase 1 cars

yh i have a phase 1.5 1988 switch over year coild on pass side wing

scbond

Have to tried running a full setup of the idling components? Mine had issues which the past two owners couldn't solve and was probably why the first one sold it. I gave it a good clean and setup, including the SAD and the AFM (which had to be replaced) and it fixed the issue. Looks like you've done everything else.