• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

405 Clicking Relay?

Richie-Van-GTi

Odd one for you, 1995 405 dturbo. there is a clicking behind the glovebox side of the dash but more toward the centre console, sounds like a relay but quite loud and mechanical. Its not clicking constant or even in a pattern but it is all the time when the ignition is on regardless of engine running. Anyone know whats behind there capable of this and how to solve it?

Mikey S
Odd one for you, 1995 405 dturbo. there is a clicking behind the glovebox side of the dash but more toward the centre console, sounds like a relay but quite loud and mechanical. Its not clicking constant or even in a pattern but it is all the time when the ignition is on regardless of engine running. Anyone know whats behind there capable of this and how to solve it?

has it got aircon? as the passenger compartment recirculation/ temperature sensor clicks like mad when the ignition is switched on. my old 405 used to do it all the time. it shut up when you started it up though.

welshpug

exactly what Pugger said, my mum's 405 has A/C and does this every now and then, mine doesn't do it as the flap on the non-ac models is manual.

Jrod

Mine has aircon and also makes a funny noise.

Also I only get hot air out of the outter vents and even then its not hot enough.

welshpug

Probably needs the heater matrix flushing or replacing, and the motor that moves the air flap replacing.

Jrod

Because I can be bothered to do that! :huh:

I own a old Ford now, I spend my days cursing rust and my commute cursing crappy heaters.

Richie-Van-GTi

yes its aircon, it does get nice hot air now Ive replaced the thermostat but the clicking doesnt stop when engine is running. :)

Mikey S
yes its aircon, it does get nice hot air now Ive replaced the thermostat but the clicking doesnt stop when engine is running. B)

have you tried disconnecting it? i know there a bit of a pain to get too as iirc the glovebox has to come out and the things riveted in.

Henry Yorke

I had exactly that in a 306 DTurbo phase 1 which wasn't aircon. I put it down to the imobiliser or something. It had the 1990's Peugeot M200 system fitted - the 5p piece you press on a disc to deactivate.

Sign in to follow this