• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris adams

Different Crank In The Tub Engine

chris adams

if i was to use my 88 throw crank in my xu10j2te engine would i need to get new rings if i was to give it a light cross hatching. the cylinders are in great condition and there is still cross hatching all down the bores could i get away with the ones that are in there already ?

calvinhorse

its alot of work, seams silly not putting new rings in at the same time

chris adams

yea i think u maybe right on that one. i think im going to leave as 4 the tym being, was forgettin that ill need a regrind on the crank also plus new shells n stuff. would be a shame to do all that n not av new rings to complete the build. what was i thinkin :unsure:

Edited by mi8 turbo

B1ack_Mi16

Sure you don't have any bore-wear at all?

As the rings will go beyond their old turning point it is essential there is no wear ridge in the cylinder at all if you are to increase the stroke.

chris adams

weather or not the engine had a recon by the previous owner i dont no. but i was wel surprised when i took off the head to check the condition of the bores.

calvinhorse

MI8TURBO- is your car the lemons that was converted to 2.0 turbo? any pics?

chris adams

affraid not mate i bought the mi from grimsby where some lil s*it had set fire to the front of the car, and rather than spend loads of money on full engine rebuild i decided to throw in a tubby engine, the car is still in its very early stages of being built/ stripped out as i have no job so money is supper tight. i will sort out some pics but they on my other laptop at my house as im at the mothers at the mo.

Sign in to follow this