• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

Knockoff Euro Rally Arches.

Bandit

Hi Gents

After a view Peugoetless years I've bought a 1985 205 (lacoste) again, just to find out the forums here in Holland are quite dead after all these years I hope you guys can help me.

I'm looking for euro rallye arches. It' not a rally/gti shell but all suspention and brakes are already updated to 1.6 gti stuff. Only the crappy xy engine is still in, but I have a C2 vts engine lying in me shed (-:

I looks like knockoff arches are still made in the UK, probably because the UK rallye didn't have arches right? (Knockoff is fine with me because I don't have gti wings and body anyway) I have even found them for 59 pounds a set which seems to good to be true (so probably isn't true).

Can you point me to a valid and trusted source to buy them?

Bandit

Jeah, found that. That's a more realistic price.

I've found an article on these, Maybee even your project. One question. This bonds on right. This means the original wheelarch from the non-gti shell will not need to be cut unless you actually want more room? I now have about minus 5 mm room left with 195 45 tires. I can cut of 5mm of the fold that is in the arch and I would be save. But with the arches mounted I could increase the rear track a bit when I do cut the arches. Do I assume right?

Edited by Bandit

Henry Yorke

Yes they stick on. Front arches can be widened quite easily and sealed. Rear arches are more comprehensive as it is double skinned at the lip, so really you need to cut out what you want, fill the gap between the inner and outer arch panels with fresh metal, seal up, cover over with the Rallye arch. Then you can run wider wheels, 309 beam etc.

I think it was RallyeAsh or Allye who did this with his and there is a project thread in the forum about what they did with pictures.

Bandit

Yes, I've done some research.

To bad the $%#@ photobucket has blocked all pictures from since the beginning of the internet :angry:​

I have found one threat in which you can clearly see the double panel design. I didn't like the patchwork solution though. I only have a tig welder also so I was thinking of welding in a new higher inner wheel arch by tag welding and then cut the lower inner panel out and raise the outer arch. Or just somehow find a gti body shell for scrap value.