• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Broken Flywheel Bolts

welshpug

no idea as yet, it doesn't run without the flywheel (TDC sensor), not yet put it back together, shall be doing so tomorrow.

I think it went to about 8k that it would have gone to, i.e 1400 rpm past the limit, with no spark and a load of fuel going through, DrS sair there was a flame... :)

Cameron

Just looks like a brittle fracture if you ask me, I think the white ones are just from the lighting. You can see where the bolts have been sheared, the tops are all bent over. :)

welshpug

lol!! maybe if the bolts hadn't given up!

shall see in the morning whether it's all good, got it nearly all back together this afternoon before it got dark, just the inlet manifold to bolt down and the Air pipes.

Crazy-legs!

Thats quite impressive m8! I think if that were my engine, i would be inclined to drop the sump and remove the centre three bearing cap and shells. Then, with the plugs out, gently turn her over, and run a clock on the journals.

Just a suggestion!

Marc.

welshpug

finished putting it back together this afternoon, damned cold out there!

started first turn of the key, no odd noises as far as I can tell, its an old 8 valve pug engine, they're never quiet :huh:

pulls like a train in this cold weather! :D

welshpug

I noticed the oil pressure was down one notch on idle but came straight back up to where it used to when the revs were raised, pulled out the dipstick and it was still full, but stunk of fuel!

Come to the conclusion that because the flywheel was still going round the ECU would still be injecting fuel and flooded it, hence the big flame DrSarty saw :o

Dumped the oil and it came out like water, clean yellow water! (was only 500 miles old) filled back up wit some Total Quartz 15-40 semi and oil pressure back to normal and a touch quieter again, apart from a leaking manifold gasket on the timing belt end ;)

Edited by welshpug

VisaGTi16v

Which car/engine was this? I guess not the ZX J4RS from your comment on the rev limit. Sounds lucky either way if you get away with just some bolts, I would have thought bits of engine would be going everywhere heh

Sign in to follow this