• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stephen W

Sticking Throttle

Stephen W

hey has any one got any ideas as to why the throttle sticks open? it doesnt do this all the time usualy around 1000rpm to 2500.

If your driving along and lift off the throttle it keeps going at the same speed until the pedal is "jabbed".

Ive had the throttle body off and all the pipes and cleaned them all out.

im thinking maybe the cable has a kink in it but other than that not sure?

bensonmi
hey has any one got any ideas as to why the throttle sticks open? it doesnt do this all the time usualy around 1000rpm to 2500.

If your driving along and lift off the throttle it keeps going at the same speed until the pedal is "jabbed".

Ive had the throttle body off and all the pipes and cleaned them all out.

im thinking maybe the cable has a kink in it but other than that not sure?

could be the cable kinked as you say or frayed up inaide, cheap and easy to change under a tenner or c if sraying wd in the cable makes any difference,and the throttle linkage

welshpug

check the return spring on the throttle quadrant, I've seen many become dislodged and occasionally stick, a little bend with a pair of pliers usually rectifies it.

Stephen W

ok cheers guys, ill have a check tomorrow.

kyepan

also make sure the rad is properly secured and not able to be pushed back and foul the linkage.

chuvit

I've had this problem and it was the outer tube on the throttle cable poping out of the bulkhead.

Kennyb

I had the exact problem and also noticed outer sheath popping out of bulk head.......pushed it back in and has not returned yet....been 4 weeks!!!! ;-)

Kobayashi

i once had the TB stuck FULLY open... being a novice driver back then, i found it quite unsettling that the car wouldn't stop accelerating :)

cleaning and smoothing the inside of the TB a bit did the job, so i was told...

richard

Have also had this.

Whilst leaving a motorway slip road. stabbing away furiously at the throttle pedal dislodged it.

Cause: the alarm system under the dash has slipped out of its jacket and was just catching the mechanism.

Sign in to follow this