• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dean

Cage With A Sun Roof

dean

has any one fitted a cage in a car with a sun roof and if so was it stoo use able or do you have to take the sun roof out and plate the roof

Tom Fenton

Yes, and yes the roof still works.

Cameron

Depends what cage and what sunroof I guess. My Safety Devices wouldn't fit around my crappy pop-up sunseive as the roof diagonal fouled the handle. Luckily its a weld-in so I could leave that bit out until I ditch the sunroof.

marksorrento205

How about an omp 10 point bolt in and a sliding sunroof?

projectpug

Hi,

Had omp 10 point in mine (bolt in but weld in plates) with sunroof fitted fine and roof still worked great on track on a hot day lol. I have however plated it up now but it was fine.

marksorrento205

Sweeeeeeet :)

Stu

Yeah ive got a 10 point in mine mate, sliding roof still works fine too :D

You do need to remove the sunvisors, and i got rid of the interior light to get a bit more room.

I also got rid of the inner gaurds from the rails on the inside as they were a little close.

Guest sam-black

I've got a 10-point OMP bolt in cage with full slide back sun roof and it works no problem! Only issue i've had is that the cage has been rubbing on the rear drainage pipes for the sunroof causing a leak inside when it rains. This could of been done when it was installed but just thought i'd mention it if it helps at all :)

Sam.

Sign in to follow this