• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
redhair

Pug205 Colours

redhair

Is someone able to tell me in which colours the 205s were available, official releases from Peugeot, sorted by models and special editions, and maybe you know the original names of the paints or some stats?

Tesstuff

redhair, this forum is part of a site called 205gtidrivers and is located at www.205gtidrivers.com and on the main page is a top tab called 205 GTi Info

once you click this you will see on the left a sub menu titled Technical Specifications,

scroll down for all the info you have asked for.

steve@cornwall
Is someone able to tell me in which colours the 205s were available, official releases from Peugeot, sorted by models and special editions, and maybe you know the original names of the paints or some stats?

On the home page, goto 205GTi info, then history and statistics and all will be revealed :D Pinned paintcodes thread in forum bodywork section will give you the paintcodes, too - It's all on the site :P

(I type very slowly - it's like Tesstuff said)

Edited by steve@cornwall

redhair

Oh, right! Thank you and sorry, just found it, this website is fantastic! But I am also interested in other models, like Rallye or XS or is it not the right forum to ask (cause it's a GTi forum)?

redhair

Well, I think the Gentry was also available in gold metallic, right? And it would be interesting to know if there was a black Griffe model? My knowledge at the moment: GTi and XS (no special editions): main colours were white, black and red, additionally metallic silver and anthracite. Rallye: white, but I already saw some yellow (and also some white) models (I think 1.4s) without wheel arches, which were not seeming that they were available in Germany, just like the 1.3s.

steve@cornwall
Well, I think the Gentry was also available in gold metallic, right? And it would be interesting to know if there was a black Griffe model? My knowledge at the moment: GTi and XS (no special editions): main colours were white, black and red, additionally metallic silver and anthracite. Rallye: white, but I already saw some yellow (and also some white) models (I think 1.4s) without wheel arches, which were not seeming that they were available in Germany, just like the 1.3s.

Mammoth task! There's lot of misleading info. on the internet about 205s - I've just looked at a few sites and not many were part way accurate. Wiki seems to have some good info. though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_205

Also, Peugeot seemed to enjoy giving different spec. cars to different parts of europe which makes it even more difficult. GB definately had yellow Rallyes (1.4s) and "champaign beige" gentrys. AFAIK there was no black Griffe (GB didn't get the Griffe either) but we did get the 1FM of similar spec and in black only. Apart from that, all manufactures seemed to be calling any car with a different sticker on it a "special edition" during the time of the 205 and peugeot were no exception - Roland garros, aztec, inca, open, lacoste, look are a few that spring instantly to mind :P

Good luck with this and I'd love to see how your project develops

pug_ham

The Gentry was available in a Gold metallic but the Griffe was afaik only made in the metallic lazer green.

The closest to a black Griffe model would be the 205 1FM. This was a UK only model of which only 25 were ever made to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Radio 1.

The 205 GTi was available in a longlist of colours over its life spoan, including besides those you've listed, Sorrento Green & Miami Blue became list colours after the imited edition run & in the UK the Griffe colour (Lazer green) was available for a short period but afaik it wasn't a limited edition colour.

UK Rallyes were available in Yellow & white.

There is a full list of the Peugeot paint colours & paint codes in this topic but I'm not sure if it breaks down into actual model specific codes like the Gentry.

Graham.

redhair

Interesting topic, it seems to be really hard to assign colours to models and editions.

Henry Yorke

UK Rallye - EOAS - Solar Jaune

CTI - EPY GL - Atlantic Blue (green)

Gentry - Aztec Gold / Sorrento Green

309 Goodwood - Pinewood Green / Tie Break Green

205 Roland Garros - Tie Break Green / Pinewood Green

*They were the same colour

redhair

Thanks for great infos so far!

Sign in to follow this