• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Cameron

202.jpg

Quite a good result for a totaly stock engine (except management).

I'm sure people will just think I'm being picky, but I don't expect the spot welds on your chassis leg will last very long with the engine mounted like that, you really need to tie the top and side together by using all 4 original bolt holes.

That's a good result for a totally standard engine though, makes my hopes for a comfy 250bhp look pretty achievable. :D

drmo

Wasn't designed to, so it sits at around 15 degrees, as it should.

@cameron: It uses the original top plate, but I don't have a picture of it being mounted. :D Sure we used the two original bolt holes, that is why we made an adaptor out of 5mm steel plate. ;)

Edited by drmo

welshpug

thats an in progress pic I would imagine, given the next pic shows the battery in place and the battery box bolts to the plate thats missing ;)

Cameron

Good good, worth checking though, the last thing you want is split chassis legs. :o

welshpug

ahjust realised why you had to sort an adapter, the gti uses a different bracket on the inner wing and the gearbox.

drmo

We used the gti one, but modifed it to a different angle and position.

Curently I'm doing a head for a EW10J4S. The inlet ports are really big for this size valves, but it looks like it works. Standard cams have arround 10mm valve lift and with that I think it is quite a good result.

I also have EW12 engine that will one day go into a 206. we will keep the VTC pulley and I was wondering if someone knows if there is a difference in maximum advance compared to EW10J4S VTC pulley? Sandy maybe? :)

Matt180

A forged EW12 is my next project when the EW10 goes bang :D

Sandy

I haven't looked at the pulley swing; my engines are all race spec and will use fixed timing.

drmo

Gues I'll have to compare them. I got a feeling that the EW12 one doesn't advance the cam that much. Probably similar like with honda K20 and K24 engines, one 45 degrees and the other only 25 degrees.

engine killer

HI Sandy,

Will you recommend a EW12J4 over the EW10J4S due to the 200cc extra capacity for road use and tractday usage? Is EW10J4S a more happy revver than the EW12J4?

Thanks.

Sandy

I've not driven either engine in standard form I'm afraid. Logic will dictate, going from 88 to 96mm stroke will raise piston speed significantly.

dcc

Bit of a different question, how easily could you put a ew12j4 into a 206 gti? by this I mean a standard engine, with standard ECU?

welshpug

Mechanically, much the same as the Ew10, electrically, not very easily !

Havent seen any multiplexed ecu's used in a pre-multiplex car without the dashboard etc.

Sandy

Not forgetting the EW12 block is 9mm taller

Alan_M

Sandy,

Is the 138bhp EW lump worthwhile? I'm deliberating between that and a GTi6 lump for the 205.

Everything so far has been the 180 engine. Can the lesser unit get decent gains?

welshpug

yup

Sandy,

Is the 138bhp EW lump worthwhile? I'm deliberating between that and a GTi6 lump for the 205.

Everything so far has been the 180 engine. Can the lesser unit get decent gains?

http://forum.205gtid...dpost&p=1223160

short memory? you quoted that post ;)

Edited by welshpug

gsidave

I know this is jumping the gun a little, but has anyone thought about fitting the new ep6dtx motors. The 200 bhp lump from the rcz ?

Sandy

That engine is a minefield. Predominantly an emissions biased design.

Henry 1.9GTi

wouldn't fancy messing with the direct injection as I think those engines are?

downsizing and boost! eco mode :P

gsidave

I've had one of the thp 175 engines in bits due to the direct injection lol.

The ep from what I've been told shares some of it's roots from the tu. The one with variable valve lift can gain some good bhp, and is a very useable engine.

Sandy

The ET3 is basically a 16v alloy block TU. The EP shares the bore spacing, but cranks aren't interchangeable and the blocks and heads are entirely new designs.

RossD

Slightly off-topic but relevant nonetheless, I'm not sure the multiplexing needs to be as complicated as some people on here make it out to be. With the Peugeot Planet \ Citroen Lexia tools (I've got a Chinese clone for mine which is 100%) you can 'switch off' everything and even tell the engine ECU not to expect to see a multiplexed network - Hence you can run a fully mux'd HDi ECU in a 205 with 3 or so wires - Supply, switched supply and an earth. Can't see why the petrol ECU's need to be much different. Seen it done a few times, even a chap who's put an HDi from a late 206 into a 305!

• Like 3

Jabo

Do you think then, (I currently have an EW10J4 in my Citroen C5 with Marelli management) I could get hold of an EW10J4S, loom and its management and I could fit it into my C5 and use a Lexia to have everything working properly?

Slightly off-topic but relevant nonetheless, I'm not sure the multiplexing needs to be as complicated as some people on here make it out to be. With the Peugeot Planet \ Citroen Lexia tools (I've got a Chinese clone for mine which is 100%) you can 'switch off' everything and even tell the engine ECU not to expect to see a multiplexed network - Hence you can run a fully mux'd HDi ECU in a 205 with 3 or so wires - Supply, switched supply and an earth. Can't see why the petrol ECU's need to be much different. Seen it done a few times, even a chap who's put an HDi from a late 206 into a 305!

Jarrus

again still off topic (sorry lads) but where would you get one of those chinese copies? or even the real thing for a reasonable price? Very interrested....

• Like 1