• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adnic69

307 Calipers

Adnic69

Bought some 307 HDI calipers off Ebay last week, they arrived today and all seemed ok. I have just gone out to the garage to have a little play with them and hold them up to the 283mm disc, then I notice the pad looks too small for the disc, hold it aginst it and it covers about 3/4. I must have bloody calipers for 266mm discs then?

Part number on caliper Bosch 0204 Y01132 22F

If this is the case can you just buy the yoke for the 283mm option or is it not that simple. Or just stick them on ebay and buy all new parts from Brakeparts?

Cheers guys

Anthony

Even the 266mm version would be perfectly sufficient to stop a 205...

Adnic69

I could do but I really fancy the bigger discs. Plus I am rather hard on brakes :D

28CRAIG

What happend to your four pot of stew205

Adnic69

The Alcons are on the car and are great but only when hot. They are grabby when cold and im always locking wheels in the wet until they are hot. Plus I need to get the discs skimmed but never got around too it so just thought I would buy some others.

They could well be for sale if you are interested :D

vern

Have you actually got the right pads, as when I did the 283mm disc, caliper upgrade I brought new pads and discs, and they mistakenly gave me a set of pads for the 266 disc. The pads went on fine etc and I used them for about 2 weeks, untill I realised they were not covering the whole disc leaving a gap on the inside of the disc.

A long shot but worth checking.

Rippthrough
Have you actually got the right pads, as when I did the 283mm disc, caliper upgrade I brought new pads and discs, and they mistakenly gave me a set of pads for the 266 disc. The pads went on fine etc and I used them for about 2 weeks, untill I realised they were not covering the whole disc leaving a gap on the inside of the disc.

A long shot but worth checking.

Doesn't make a whole lot off difference anyway, in fact, it should make your brakes stronger.

-Phillip

kyepan

what should the bosch part number be on the 283 mm caliper, i thought they were made by girling anyway??!?! confused

Adnic69

Thats 2 of us then.

Can you not just change the yokes and go from 266mm to 283mm discs????

vern
Doesn't make a whole lot off difference anyway, in fact, it should make your brakes stronger.

-Phillip

there was a difference, the proper sized pads were better, but there was not much in it.

Guest Eduard205GTi
what should the bosch part number be on the 283 mm caliper, i thought they were made by girling anyway??!?! confused

Buying the bits:

Prices from Peugeot dealer, correct in the month of May 05.

307 2.0 XU10 brake calipers and yokes:

4400N2 - Caliper - £51.14 +VAT

4400N3 - Caliper - £51.14 +VAT

440465 (x2) - Yoke (single) - £18.84 +VAT

source: Click!

nick

Would a std 1.9 caliper fit on the 283mm yoke?

I'm thinking if it does, you would only need two yokes at £18 each and a pair of 283mm discs for a cheap upgrade.

Nick

Edited by nick

Adnic69

This is what I am getting at.

Is the 307 caliper the same but just mounted on different yokes.

Someone must have both they can do a check on.

mi16nut

The 307 caliper is quite a bit bigger all round (& heavier) as is the pad. I don't know whether the 1.9 caliper will mount to the 307 yoke though.

Mark.

Rippthrough

The only difference I have noticed between the 266 caliper and the 283mm calipers is the bleed nipple is in a slightly different place, and the pads are a a touch smaller, other than that they appear to be the same.

-Phillip.

Edited by Rippthrough

peter

the 1.9 calipers definatly wont fit on the 307 yokes

Sign in to follow this