• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

Correct Tyre Pressures 1.9 Gti

scumbag

What are the correct tyre pressures for a 1.9 gti, standard 15" speedlines 195/50/15. Everyone seems to say different things!

Cheers

wildejon

I have 29 front and 26 rear, no idea what the 'correct' pressure is but this suits me fine and is what has been recommended to me.

Guest AndyD

I have 195/50 R15 Goodyear eagle f1's on mine and was told 29 PSI. :angry:

scumbag

I had heard 29 all round, plus one site said 'it's good practice to add 1 or 2 psi to manufacturers recommendation'.

Think I'll stick to the 29 all round unless a good reason given not to?

Alastairh

I run roughly 28psi.

scumbag

Is that all round?

Guest pistonbroke

Road car 28 / 29 all round. Rally car either 24 or 26 depending on tyres

scumbag

Ideal. Thanks all for your help!!!!

Dan Ingram

I have Toyo Proxes T1-Rs and I run about 32 all round as they have a slightly soft sidewall so the extra pressure stops them rolling on to the sidewalls as much.

hengti

The owner's handbook states 29psi front and rear - but this is for the standard fitment 185/55/15 tyres.

I guess it's down to personal preference - I run 28/26 F/R which has been fine for the road. If you run too much pressure, the car will tend to slide at the end that is pumped up too much, especially when it's wet.

ed. suggest using an accurate tyre pressure gauge (one that's guaranteed to a degree of accuracy by the manufacturer) - don't trust footpump gauges or garage forecourt gauges - they can be miles out!

Edited by hengti

scumbag

No probs. i think i'll just go down the 28 all round route. Talk about back end out, hit some black ice earlier on a roundabout and spun out. Everyone all just stopped at the exits to watch me turn around on the roundabout.

Felt a right nob.

Was only doing 15mph!

S33GAV

Think 205s should be locked up over winter, dangerous fcuking things :)

Sign in to follow this