• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Xs Exhaust

Jer309GTi

Hi, I know that it's a common mod to fit a 1.1 centre pipe with no centre silencer on an XS, but I've been browsing the Bosal catalogue and its seems that some XS's had this straight through centre pipe as standard. Is this true, or have bosal got it wrong?

Bosal Catalogue Page

nick-rallye

my 92 k reg 205 rallye which is basically an xs has a straight through pipe

Sam

Standard it would have had a centre box though Nick :blink:

RHULPUG

Because my XS was one of the late versions (L reg) it had a cat and centre section, but removed this and replaced it with a straight through one, resulted in a lot more noise and a bit more top end.

efy2bjg

My xs has a straight through centre piece and it sounds quite good. Very quiet until you floor it. It must be cheaper too.

Ben

stu_woac

I wouldn't fit a straight through centre on a xs as you lose power, it really shows when accelarating, I can't see where the more top end comes from as in the xs the gearbox is the problem for that, I've had 133 backed up by 2 other car speedos because I used a slightly different box when the engine was near enough standard, where b4 with the xs box 118 was the best you could do,

best mod is to put a round down pipe fitted to some xs's but not all instead of that restricted one, or a 4 branch if you have the money

Edited by stu_woac

DaveW

yeah i found that too it needs the centre box for more low down power.

Sam

I used a Supersprint 48mm centre section and then fitted a universal Jetex midbox. Sounds better if anything...

nick-rallye

it is a standard system which is sitting in my garden and its fairly newish cause the sticker was or is still on it.

i may have that round downpipe mentioned as well in the shed

Sign in to follow this