Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Body_Work] 1991 Gti Steel Grey Detailing Progress Thread

377 replies to this topic

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,775 posts
Garage View Garage
Looks stunning, as always.

Looks like the bodyshop have done a good job as well judging from the pictures. Hopefully the old girl will be solid for a good few years to come now that grot has all been dealt with :)

dobboy

dobboy
  • Drivers+
  • 2,608 posts
  • Name:Jack
Garage View Garage
Yeah it looks splendid.

JamPug

JamPug
  • Drivers
  • 85 posts
  • Name:James
I think your beauty has solidified it to me that steel grey is the best colour for a 205. It looks great !!!

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
  • Name:Alex
Garage View Garage
Thanks for the comments guys. I was very apprehensive about taking it to be done but I an very glad I did.

Looks better in photos than real life, as theres numerous carpark dings over it. Considered having them done but theres too many and it adds a bit of character! Not bad for 185k miles though, still the original engine too!

Bodyshop did a great job. Everything single bit of grot has been sorted from back end to front wings.

Future job in a few years will be inner wings and headlight panels but they are pretty solid at the moment, suprisingly!

It's quite nice now to not worry about using her in the rain 😊👍

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage
MOT and oil change today as wellas a bit of exhaust repositioning as it was a bit low.

Sailed through MOT with a minor advisory for slight corrosion on front inner wing. Just surface speckling sorted by a good wire brushing and treating so ok for now. Joy!

TAG

TAG
  • Drivers
  • 132 posts
  • Name:Tom
Garage View Garage

MOT and oil change today as wellas a bit of exhaust repositioning as it was a bit low.

Sailed through MOT with a minor advisory for slight corrosion on front inner wing. Just surface speckling sorted by a good wire brushing and treating so ok for now. Joy!

Are you going to Pugfest?

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage
Nah Im not unfortunately as got other things on. Maybe next year!

the matt

the matt
  • Drivers
  • 96 posts
  • Name:Matt Howard
Garage View Garage
I keep looking in on the thread as I totally regret selling it. But I couldn't have done anywhere near as good a job of restoring it as you are doing. I only owned it first a short time (basically bought it for a ring trip whilst the mini was off the road).

Talking of sorting rust, I've bought another project that's waaay worse than the 205 was...and way worse than I'd hoped, but I'm hoping it'll be awesome when it's finished!

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage
Cheers Matt! Feels like a lifetime ago eh! She's going well :) . You bought another 205 or something else?

the matt

the matt
  • Drivers
  • 96 posts
  • Name:Matt Howard
Garage View Garage
I'd love another Pug. But I've already had 3 of them and I've wanted a MK1 Astra since I was 17, so I've got this now:

20160731_184900.jpg

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage

No updates really other than since having the sills and bumper mounts done, I'm pretty much using it in any weathers and throughout winter where I can. Just ticked over 185K miles.

Next couple of little jobs are to change the gearbox oil and handbrake cables, and that's about it other than enjoying it!

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage

So yesterday marks the 3 year anniversary since I travelled to rainy Shrewsbury to buy the 205! Time flies!

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,090 posts
  • Name:Mei

my word, I'd missed the astra, my mate Adam would love that,   brown base model with a redtop on bodies too?

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage

205 has been my daily for the last two weeks while my Audi is in having work done. Not missed a beat - has it really been over three years since I bought her!

DCC you might spot her in the embassy car park if you're around Bridgend...

dcc

dcc
  • Drivers+
  • 3,148 posts
  • Name:Dan
I meant to send you a message, i was going to tell you theres another steel grey parked up, didnt see the plate but just twigged its yours :)

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage

Four weeks of daily use for the Pug has just come to an end, when my Audi has been in having some stuff done.

Here's a little pic of them both!

MOT next month and a gearbox oil change for the Pug.

She's just ticked over 186,500 miles.

2873B11C-EDC0-4E5C-B348-E025CF8F5AC7.jpg

3B1BBBCD-BDCF-4135-98E8-4C210536EFC0.jpg

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage

MOT passed with no advisories today and she also had an oil change, gearbox oil change, and new handbrake cables.

ATK

ATK
  • Drivers+
  • 917 posts
Garage View Garage

Dent to roof line after my ladder accident all repaired by Justin Mr Dent South Wales - great job done.

Pain in the arse having to take the headlining out beforehand but there you go.

Car being used regularly, what is strange is not having to do any work on it!

Hankering for another project to am tempted to foray into MK1 Golf GTI territory to compliment the 205...! Just a pipe dream though as can't really justify it!

Reply to this topic