• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

Problems Again

pugbliss

hi

OK, ive had a few probs with the pug recently which ive tried to put right...it worked but...............

things ive renewed...

2 rear tyres

both trackrod ends

tracking

the problems it has solved....

nasty murmuring noise from rear and i can drive in a straight line with out the car moving around and i have to correct the steering. (whilst on a motorway.)

THENEW PROBS......

now when i go round a corner it feels like the rear end is doing all the steering and it wants to come round.

I m steering but the rear wants to steer more, but this is only whilst going at speed. (motorway)

my theorys are....

the very grippy rear tyres are more than a match for the fronts so hence over powering them in a sence.

or....

with having new grippy rear tyres it has highlighted i have knacked front lower arms and the bushes carnt handle it!!!!!!

what do you all think????

cheers

joe

welshpug

had this on mine when I put new tyres on the back, gradually got better and now I dont notice if its there or not so I dont know if its gone for sure!

it did highlight that my tracking was out due to a shot lower arm balljoint, and I may need some new rear rear beam mountings.

pugbliss

did it only get better when your tyres got worn down???

also my tracking is spot on ans ive had both track rod end done...

so maybe it is the lower arm things...

how do you know if your rear beam mounts need doing.and is it hard to do yourself???

pugbliss

where do i find the rear mounts and is it easy to check if they are knackered???

taylorspug

The 'front' rear beam mounts are a pain to get to, so your best bet probably is to get a lever bar up onto the beam and against something solid and see if you can get any movement in it. The rear mounts are somewhat easier to check, as they are in plain view underneath the car. Try jacking the car up to see if the rubber has seperated allowing the beam to fall away from the car, and also again get a lever bar in and see if you can get any movement from them.

From the sounds of it your beam mounts are shot though. 205s have a certain amount of rear steer built into them as standard because of a small amount of flex in the rubber mounts. However if yours are worn you are probably getting alot more movement than you should be, which is resulting in the problem you describe. :huh:

Sign in to follow this