• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Tuuba

[Engine_Work] 205 1.9Gti Tic >ew10J4S Tic

Ron_Jaegers

Nice specification, would love to see what that makes in terms of power. Is it the E85 fuel that you can have that high of a compression ratio? I really like the concept, stock internals, high compression, retaining VVT and a big turbo.

Tuuba

Thanks guys, I really appreciate :)

Yes, I´m starting to run it E85, it´s lot safer. There´s lot of adjustments to be done, specially for that VVT, but I think after this weekend it´s much better. It runs quite smooth but quite laggish now, because sill I haven´t done any mapping. Ignition and fuel maps are way out and that VVT isn´t working yet. At that "setup", turbo starts to spool up in around 4000rpm

Tuuba

Slowly but with confidence, we are gettin´there! VVT works fine, so does everything else. Only thing what needs to be done is leaking pinion valve oil seal in steering rack. I was a little frustrated when that came out... But that´s motorsport :)

Still needs to be mapped, but fully driveable, little slow to take rounds, though ;)

Little Youtube clip:

http://youtu.be/cvi0kviGbvI

Tuuba

Some progress:

Made some mapping on the road with my mate and it starts to look quite good. Boost is now limited mechanically to 0.4bar but boost solenoid gives biasing pressure to wastegate until 1 bar. And it really seems to be the real start of the fun! :wub:

The engine handles that boost absolutely with no problem at all, rev limiter is now @ 7300RPM and the VVT is active.

Turbo starts to spool just below 3000RPM´s, on 3500RPM we have hell in loose and @3800-4000 wastegate starts to limit the boost. And the fun just continues rising until the rev limiter.

Let´s see how long the HDi Clutch can take it.... :ph34r:

Now, my mate did some filming when boost was limited to 0.8 max, @ 1bar filming went wrong, because he couldn´t handle the camera....

Im starting to be in love with EW´s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieZQGJLx4B4

^the video...

matiasarti

Hello i have started with same Project but in argentina... the only diference its that i want it as standard as posible... here we dont have such as alternatives as you have over there.

Right now i have bougth a complete 307cc wrecked with a safe engine and i have to take advantage of everything that i can take off it... while im studing this Project it come´s up some questions:

For example: ¿How did you solve the conection between the gearbox and de weels?... as i understand both 206 gti180 and 307cc have longer transmisión axis and diferents diameters and endings.

thanks

Matías

dcc

You use 205 gti driveshafts (from BE1/3 gearbox) they fit the be4 gearbox.

• Like 1

dcc

for what its worth, it seems from his facebook page that this engine did not last 2 weeks after it was mapped to 1 bar :( 4 bent rods by the looks...

• Like 1

Tuuba

:D Yes, dcc is right!

I very, VERY strongly recommend that even if nothing else but conrods you must change. And if you are using normal petrol, 11:1 is way too high compression. Ethanol stands for it but not petrol.

I had 1bar boost, about 16-19 deg. ignition advance hell of a lot of torque, but after burnt about 60 liters of ethanol, engine started to sound a little odd and noisy, "clacking" sound. It appeared that #3´s conrod had bent and a piston touched the crank´s counterweight. It (conrod)was also half way broken just below small end. Othe three were also bent but not that much.

So, stock conrods wont make it too long, so buy some H-profiles etc.

STD pistons seems to be quite strong, same as the block.

Mine has now new Wiseco pistons with about 9,5 CR, and K1 H-profile forged rods. (when I get time to assemble it)

matiasarti

Tuuba i dont understand what do you say that 11.1 is way too high compression if the engine was designed for standard use at 11.1 compression ratio with normal petrol? (i think to use it normally aspirated)

By the way, how come the driveshaft from be3 fit in be4... there is nothing to adapt to get it done?... its just put it togheder as I have removed it from the Be3?

Besides the bad experience with the rods, yours is a codiciated swap over here (no one has done it yet that a know).

So cheers and thanks for the answers

Matías

Tuuba

Oh, sorry, I missed that you ar planning to use is NA, then 11:1 is no problem at all, though those conrods are known to be bent even in STD engines, as I reckon right. Cybernck had such failure with his 307 back days and some others. I also have one engine too with one bent conrod, but that has sucked water inside and had hydrolock, so it´s not relevant.

My original BE1/3 205 1.9GTi driveshafts fits perfectly with EW´s BE4, BUT it´s possible that you have to change inside joints (bore axle which enters the fifferential might be little too long). As I remember right, my shafts had those longer inners, but because i have a Quaife LSD, it doen´t matter. (BE4R´s standard Diff has stiffer/thicker center axle between hypoid gears)

Edited by Tuuba

Tuuba

So, the first dynosession and trackday done. Both had it´s own problems.

But first, the dyno:

Intake VVT was doing it´s own, we didn´t know at all what it was doing and what angle etc.

Also we didn´t manage to get a good grip on rollers, so the last 1000RPM isn´t fully true. Right when it reached about 430Nm, it started to slip and whe engine ran 7300RPM, dyno was on 6700rpm.

Considering above, I´m truly satisfied on the result :)

​

So it gave us 375 bhp and 430Nm from wheels (approx. 400hp from engine) @ 1,2 peak boost.

My injectors is now practically full open with this boost so I need to get new and bigger ones. (875cc atm)

Now I also have huge problem with slipping clutch, need to be fixed.

Now I´ve fixed an issue with VVT and I can operate it fully. Just when I can again afford better clutch and bigger injectors, we rise the boost pressure in proper levels and see what happens. At least for now, engine runs fine :)

Dyno curve:

https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/AF1QipMNO-oQ04Jkrc7XKSA8PKXb-KmjAWnkmv3ihwNl

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ieuSCP_OTJU-Dqxrx3zBftHZstd_mo0QpYw4aV74nqsb=w1698-h955-no

One video was taken when the maping was still on progress and max boost 1 bar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTAIiYoHNE

Tuuba

Summer has passed by and EW has been reliable partner. So far so good. I swapped that "little bit" too big GT40 to GT2871, so it can be driven better on track. Still, VVT mapping isn´t made for new turbo but it handles quite good.

Couple videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rLzVaW3yo8 (changed OEM intrument cluster to this KOSO meter. Works fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7LOjs5ucqM (just enjoying the sounds, far from proper driving)

matiasarti

Hello everybody

Im stuck in these same proyect because i have seen that is posible to use the upper 206 rc right mount. It fits a Little lower but the position its ok, so i have seen that some dude have supplement it. The point is that i cant get one of those mounts.

What are your oppinions about it??, any advices???

Cheers.

Tuuba

Little update to this.

I´ve bought new turbo and car has been converted to track car with rollcage:

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

• Like 1

Obbeyboy

you have a good car...  this one is mine... sorry for quality of picture. ive taken it on galaxy-on5

90c6564s-960.jpg

Tuubax

Some progress to this one at least!

Done some improvements.

ECU is no AEM Infinity 506, which supports DBW. Throttlebody is from VW 1.8T, original VDO is very difficult to handle, because it´s direct driven rotational solenoid, VW one is geared.

We did some dynoing to the car. Everything else went quite good but the gearbox failed after about 10hrs on rollers :D

Exhaust cam also needs some love, I´m not satisfied on turbo spooling @4000RPM. EFR usually spools good on 3000RPM on a properly set 2 litre engine with VVT. Though, it has 200Nm torque @2800

Best Results before #4 gear failure was:

495Nm @ 4500RPM, 1.2bar

380bhp @ 6000RPM, 1bar

Very pleased to the engine, now if only I get a proper gearbox....

IMG_20190428_012908.jpg

IMG_20190503_195432.jpg

IMG_20190503_195506.jpg

• Like 1

Putte205

What arch extensions are those? Maxi motorsport? 

wolfshark

Is that an extra sensor on the inlet camshaft, that i am seeing? Is that how you got the VVT working? How they controlled it from the factory without that sensor is a mystery for me or i am missing something. Normally there is a camshaft sensor only on the exhaust. It would be great if you share some info on this, i would love to return to VVT and more aggressive cams and retain driveability at lower rpm.

pedro231

I wonder if the OP is still hanging around the forum, please respond :D

welshpug

he hasnt logged in for 2 years almost to the day, however I'm sure I have seen the car posted on Facebook, maybe if I tag @Tuubax

he may get a notification.

pedro231
1 hour ago, welshpug said:

he hasnt logged in for 2 years almost to the day, however I'm sure I have seen the car posted on Facebook, maybe if I tag @Tuubax

he may get a notification.

should i try and search/contact him on fb via the name?