• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edp

306 Gti6 Loom

Edp

Going through my Gti6 loom today and really want to know by people who have covered the conversion to tell me what can be kept and what can be cut out and junked. Looking at the 205 loom under the dash I have 2 brown plus which i have worked out to be the sensors and switched live. I need to know what can be taken out of the 306 loom so i can neaten it all up and basically have a plug and play type situation.

I have done some aggressive searching and found a decent wiring diagram but that dosent really tell me what i can and cant keep. Things like the speed sensor, the plug which plugs into the brown valve thingy and the diagnostic plugs are a start?

Many thanks for any help :)

welshpug

ideally you need to keep everything bar the aircon associated stuff, but then apart from that there isnt much to worry about.

most of the wiring is to do with engine ancillary sensors not the ECU sensors, but you still need to keep this lot to make the warnign lights and gauges work.

you can dump the evap solenoid and the 2 wires that run to it.

it is a damn good idea to keep hold of the diagnostic plug, its a lot more complicated than Jetronic, so if you can read any faults etc is a huge bonus whenever it goes tits up :)

speed sensor the ecu needs, but you wont have a leccy speedo, so get a sensor from an S16 or similar which run a speedo cable as well as the speed sensor.

Edp

On the loom i have two connectors one of which is small and one of which is large. I have gone through all the wires on the small connector and they all seem to do the immobiliser/keypad. I have an unlocked ECU so i guess i can cut all these f***ers off right?

What does the inertia switch do? I have read somewhere that can be cut out and the wires joined together is that right?

Edited by Edp

TurboSam

Nothing is used on the small connector, but I kept mine just incase.

Inertia switch cuts the fuel pump in an accident, definitely worth keeping imo.

Spiky

i cut off my small connect, as they all for alarm/immobiliser, i didn't want that as i want as little to go wrong as possible

inertia, is defo worth keeping, esp as i got a track car..lol

speed sensor is not needed to have the engine running, only needed if you using later 306 gti-6 clocks

if you using std 205 gti box with cable driven speedo, you dont need the speed sensor

maxi

You would be best off meeting up with a kiddy who actually knows, has done it quite a few times and dosent live too far away......... :lol::(

Maxi

maxi
i cut off my small connect, as they all for alarm/immobiliser, i didn't want that as i want as little to go wrong as possible

inertia, is defo worth keeping, esp as i got a track car..lol

speed sensor is not needed to have the engine running, only needed if you using later 306 gti-6 clocks

if you using std 205 gti box with cable driven speedo, you dont need the speed sensor

Speed sensor is needed. Car will run and drive without it but if you drive one with it all will become clear.

Maxi

Edited by maxi

Spiky

and whas that then??

i've been running mine since july/aug without one, got 176bhp on rolling road (though always take them with pinch of salt)

i have the lambda connected up and the crank sensor, but not the speed sensor

Spiky

pm me if you dont want to broadcast , as i know you dont like to share info...:lol::(

welshpug

admittedly mine isnt running as sweetly as it should but it does run!

I've kept everything bar the immobiliser and A/C assosiated wiring :(

Maxi what exactly happens if the Speed sensor is left off?

A little off topic here sorry but; I have some issues with my 6 install in that it doesnt want to pull at all, I think its injectors. I did run it out of fuel and it was fine before it happened.

Fuel filter has been changed, fuel rail cleaned out, fresh fuel put in. :lol:

Toddy
and whas that then??

i've been running mine since july/aug without one, got 176bhp on rolling road (though always take them with pinch of salt)

i have the lambda connected up and the crank sensor, but not the speed sensor

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...st&p=659567

Spiky, see the above topic.

The VSS output signal goes to pin 28 (from memory) of the ECU which gets rid of the annoying hesitation/flatspot up to around 1300rpm.

Which is probably irrelevant since yours is a track car.

pug_ham
The VSS output signal goes to pin 28 (from memory) of the ECU which gets rid of the annoying hesitation/flatspot up to around 1300rpm.

I've experienced this in a Gti-6 converted 205 & it is much better when its working correctly.

For the sake of a couple of wires & a different speedo drive I'd keep it.

Graham.

Spiky

ah, probably why i have never noticed it then.

so what have people fitted to still enable the cable speedo drive??

the s16??

any part numbers???

welshpug

I've got the S16 item on mine :)

Spiky

got a price?? or part number, or both??...lol

i'm in no rish mind, as it wont affect me, like a road car :)

Toddy
got a price?? or part number, or both??...lol

i'm in no rish mind, as it wont affect me, like a road car :)

S16, xantia, zx16v i believe, I am using the gti6 clocks (WIP) so have not bothered.

Cheers

Spiky

cheers guys

might change it in the future, but as for now, got much better things to spend (spent) money on :)

welshpug

I dont know the part number offhand, I'll see if I can find it though (the speed sensor was already in the car's original gearbox, its the engine that Ive changed, its not a 205 :) )

welshpug

6160 24, £72.94 plus vat :) (not trade price/discount)

Spiky

will leave as is then ....lol

welshpug

naah, get down the scrappy and rob borrow one, 1 5mm allen key :)

Edited by welshpug

Spiky

lol

TurboSam

So the s16 etc uses a speed sensor and speedo cable?

:)

taylorspug

Yes. :)

Sign in to follow this