• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryangti

Megajolt

ryangti

looking into getting a megajolt setup for my 205 once its on carbs. has anyone got any experiences with this and could give me some information on how they did it? i ve looked into using the version with the TPS rather than map sensor as i assume this will be easier to setup. putting the tps on the linkage and calabirating it. Also the toothed wheel, did you buy one read done and bolt/wed it one or have the crank pulley modified. also the positioning of the sensor. Any info those who have already done and setup this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

daza4

Triggerwheel205gti.jpg

This is how it is done on my car. It is just bolted on the crank pulley bolt with a slot and pin extra to lock it so it wont move.

I am using the weber alpha system on mine so it comes in kit form. I personally wouldn't recomend it due to being limited to places who can programme it (doesnt come with any software!!!)

If you want any more pictures of the set up and where the sensors are on my system let me know and I will take some pictures for you.

Edited by daza4

bren_1.3

TU megajolt setup

have a read of that, should help you. im almost complete with my install now.

boldy205

Bren: do you have the tacho working yet? I am having problems with mine.

Matt.

boldy205

Hi, there. I have just finished a MI on carbs with megajolt (as in 2 minuites ago!!)

I used a 5.75 inch tooted wheel and the Ford EDIS bits from www.trigger-wheels.com, a VERY helpfull company. I mounted mine through the 4 bolt holes in the crank pully with spacers to hold the toothed wheel away from the pully slightly. I used a Weber TPS, you will need to use a TPS system due to pulsing in the inlet manifold not lettinga MAP sensor work. I mounted the Ford coil pack where the dizzy used to be and made some custom leads using Ford coil ends and 405 MI16 plug ends and lead. easy to do just prise the rubber boot of the coil end off end carefully remove the conector and swap it foa a Ford one from some scrapper leads.

I took the live feeds for the EDIS module and ECU from the original coil feeds.(switched live)

You may need to wire in a extra resistor into the tacho circuit, (as i have done) but worry bout that when the time comes.

Any thing else you want to know just post it up.

Matt.

ryangti

thanks for that guys very useful, where did you all buy the megajolt systems from? im looking to buy it pre-assembled as i dont feel confident enough in my soldering skills, the only site i can find to buy it is from america from http://www.autosportlabs.com/ . it seems except for the trigger wheel and tps everything else can be found in a scrapyard.

does anyone know of any other companies that sell it? also does the setup come with a "safe" case map to start the car on? or does anyone have a rough map they could give me for a 1.6 gti on twin 40s lol.

bren_1.3

MartinM off the forum might have some in stock, try giving him a PM, very helpful and professional.

do you have the tacho working yet? I am having problems with mine.

no i havent got mine to work yet, im using the shift light system that was supplied with the kit so i roughly know what revs im pulling.

brianthemagical
thanks for that guys very useful, where did you all buy the megajolt systems from? im looking to buy it pre-assembled as i dont feel confident enough in my soldering skills, the only site i can find to buy it is from america from http://www.autosportlabs.com/ . it seems except for the trigger wheel and tps everything else can be found in a scrapyard.

does anyone know of any other companies that sell it? also does the setup come with a "safe" case map to start the car on? or does anyone have a rough map they could give me for a 1.6 gti on twin 40s lol.

when you get it running, if you ask nicely, the msport dept have an RR and there is a lad on 1st year msport who can map megajolt on the fly, could work out alot cheaper than a garage, not garunteing owt tho, but worth a look.

welshpug

I know megasquirt will work with 60-2 but UI'm unsure about Megajolt, but I cant see why not.

this would be an easier way around it as you can just utilise the PSA timing trigger wheels and a TDC sensor.

ryangti
I know megasquirt will work with 60-2 but UI'm unsure about Megajolt, but I cant see why not.

this would be an easier way around it as you can just utilise the PSA timing trigger wheels and a TDC sensor.

yeah i was thinking this, but i havent seen any setups of anyone using this way when using megajolt so im unsure id it would work.

welshpug

a search on one of the forums will soon tell I'd imagine, though I don't know which forum to look at as there's a couple out there.

Rippthrough

36-1 only at the minute.

welshpug

damn! go the whole hog and squirt it too then :D I have a friend thatr's in college at the moment and he said he could sort me out a kit after he's tested his out on a Supercharged MK1 MR2 :blush:

Sign in to follow this