Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Successful Prosecution Of Fraudulent Member

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Pugnut

Pugnut
  • Veterans+
  • 2,621 posts
Garage View Garage
This morning the above mentioned ex member pleaded guilty to 13 counts of fraud.

Fines and repayment has yet to be set, and to be honest i'm not expecting any more than 50p a week! But the important thing is that he has been succesfully prosecuted.

It hasn't been easy since it involved 13 different police regions, but i'm happy that we got there in the end, and the hard work payed off.

I hope this is a message to anyone thinking they can come in and take the mick out of our classifieds section. Ultimately the forum will pull together to resolve.

Have a happy new year!!

Al

Pugnut

Pugnut
  • Veterans+
  • 2,621 posts
Garage View Garage
I just stumbled across another topic where a member found this and thought it wasn't so visible.

So here it is!

One thing to learn from this, is that keeping the trading on the topic is highly recommended. When you get responses to wanteds, or if you respond to for sale items via PM , it gives a possible fraudulent member a chance to sell the same item many times over.

For your own safety, please try to keep trading in public, and notify the Mods as soon as you smell a rat.

Al

Rich_p

Rich_p
  • Drivers+
  • 1,012 posts
I had a letter through this morning from Warwickshire Justice Centre asking me to contact them and confirm I wanted to be kept updated on the case.

The letter itself says it's only for 6 counts of fraud and that he is on bail and doesn't go to court until the 13th when he will then have to plea.

I thought it was all done and dusted? (I'm not really up on the justice system, I've been fairly well behaved!)

Cheers again though Al for pulling everyone together on this.

benny205mi16

benny205mi16
  • Drivers
  • 247 posts
Garage View Garage
I have also reveived a letter today saying the same,
but I am sure when I spoke to a police officer on the phone she said he had pleaded guilty and we would be contacted about any compension claims.

Thank you to Allan for sorting this all out, I do not think we would of got this far without his efforts.
Thank you

Baz

Baz
  • Drivers.
  • 10,300 posts
  • Name:באז
A cracking result worthy of all the effort, well done guys!

MerlinGTI

MerlinGTI
  • Drivers
  • 1,316 posts
Indeed, well done to all those involved. Great result.

Gutted scumbag :lol:

1.9er

1.9er
  • Drivers+
  • 143 posts
Hmmmm Pugnut.....I remember ordering a 205 forum sticker of you several years back and I still have not received it yet. :)

Chris H

Chris H
  • Drivers
  • 355 posts
  • Name:Chris Hambly
It may be coincidence but i've been scammed by someone on another car forum.....i paid for a clutch and nothing has materialised after 5 weeks......the seller is called Lee and thats about all the info i have apart from his bank account details!

I just wonder if its the same person!

Any advice on how to take action on this.

Good to see in this case......action has been sucseffuly taken.

Rich_p

Rich_p
  • Drivers+
  • 1,012 posts
I just got the call from the police.

He was found guilty yesterday.

My phone was cutting out but it sounded like a suspended sentence, 100 hours community Service plus he has to pay back nearly a grand.

Top effort all round.

Pugnut

Pugnut
  • Veterans+
  • 2,621 posts
Garage View Garage

I just got the call from the police.

He was found guilty yesterday.

My phone was cutting out but it sounded like a suspended sentence, 100 hours community Service plus he has to pay back nearly a grand.

Top effort all round.

great news. I think i'm out of loop since i'm not one of the complaints he was prosecuted against.

On another note, i had a PM from another member yesterday linking to a cylinder head he has on Piston heads. Buyers beware!!

Al

Rich_p

Rich_p
  • Drivers+
  • 1,012 posts
I wonder why some of the cases were used and not others?

Goliath

Goliath
  • Drivers+
  • 1,302 posts
  • Name:G
Sounds like a good result!

Who was actually charged? Was it Lee Wakelin or David Kellegher? Or are they the same person?!

Am I right in thinking a suspended sentence means no jail time unless he is caught doing the same thing again within the set time period? If so then might be worth pointing the cops in the direction of the pistonheads listing!

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
  • Name:Mike
Garage View Garage
Was it the guy trying to put some orders for group buy for SL434 wheels ? :(

Henry Yorke

Henry Yorke
  • Team Managers
  • 4,539 posts
  • Name:err.. Henry Yorke
Garage View Garage

Was it the guy trying to put some orders for group buy for SL434 wheels ? :(

That was someone different and I don't think he was corrupt, just a little over ambitious!

Rich_p

Rich_p
  • Drivers+
  • 1,012 posts
Some interesting news,

He has been ordered to pay back the money owed in full to the court by the 24th of Feb..

M_R_205

M_R_205
  • Drivers
  • 1,232 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage
I got all the same info, had a phone call few weeks ago stating that he had to repay my money, also a letter for me to give my bank details for the money to be paid into,

If it gets paid on the 24th that will be a nice birthday present :)

irmscher

irmscher
  • Passengers
  • 21 posts
Im,e new on here what happened ???

Rich_p

Rich_p
  • Drivers+
  • 1,012 posts
I just called the courts for a bit of an update.

It's not looking like people will see any real amounts of money anytime soon.

He has been ordered to pay money back to the courts monthly as he couldn't do it in one lump sum but the lady said it was a very minimal amount as he is currently not working.

Surely they should send baliffs and get goods to the value of the amount he owes and reclaim the money that way?

Or stop any benefits money he is getting as effectively we are paying for that out of our taxes and then getting it slowly paid back.

Sounds like a win win for him!!

Oh and Irmcher, he sold goods to people on the forum and then never sent them.

M@tt

M@tt
  • Pitcrew
  • 3,205 posts
what a load of bulls*it!!

Stuff like this really boils my piss, the justice system in theis coutry is a joke!

Is there no way anyone can get his address from the court documents and someone go an stow his windows in the absolute prick!

irmscher

irmscher
  • Passengers
  • 21 posts
:o smash his windows you would be better drilling the sump on his car :D