Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What Other 'interesting' Vehicles Do You Own..?

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Simes

Simes
  • Team Managers
  • 5,941 posts
  • Name:Simon
Garage View Garage

https://imageshack.com/i/5udscn1739zj

Nice chateau!

lagonda

lagonda
  • Drivers
  • 796 posts
  • Name:Laurence

Thanks....we offer discounts for forum members booking holidays in the chateau (minimum 2 nights, minimum 2 guests), and our adjacent villa (up to 9 guests).

I think the V12 was the fastest unsupercharged production car of its era. Price was around £1600 new...but remember you could buy a house then for £500.

Incidentally, due to what turned out to be a rather large number of missing/broken piston rings, the petrol consumption when I last drove it was 3 miles per gallon; but at less than 100 miles per GALLON of oil, it was probably costing more for the oil than the petrol.

Goliath

Goliath
  • Drivers+
  • 1,302 posts
  • Name:G

Nice chateau!

It is indeed nice, I stayed there earlier this year.

As for other interesting cars, I have an mx5 mk2 (it's my lady's car really, honest) which is so much fun to drive.

Also I have a SL55, which has been tuned. Ooodles of power and torque, although quite calm to drive as it's so comfy. You have to watch the speedo when accelerating though as it gets to silly speeds far quicker then it feels like it is!

20150904_165339.jpg

GLPoomobile

GLPoomobile
  • Drivers
  • 7,334 posts
  • Name:Barnaby Worthington-Titwank III
Might contact you in the futurw Goliath as the SL500/600/55 is something I've been considering as a future purchase. Though I currently know bugger all about them! Just fancy anything with a big v8/v12 and some of the mercs seem to be a very affordable way in.

Edited by GLPoomobile, 07 September 2015 - 11:13 AM.

Andy_C

Andy_C
  • Drivers
  • 1,254 posts
Octy vrs diesel and Megane as daily drivers. Neither remotely qualifies as interesting but there's some fantastic cars in this thread - you very lucky buggers.

Interesting to see what people have beyond 205s - that's for sure!

tdr_1976

tdr_1976
  • Drivers
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Dyl Roberts
Garage View Garage

Not the most interesting car around, but here's my 2002 Ford Focus ST170 - Running Bilstein B8 suspension, sports cat, Full Janspeed stainless system and a bluefin chip. Great all rounder car.

st_zps8vflmlkj.jpg

My Daily driver, 2015 Skoda Yeti Outdoor SE TDi 140 - Not many will beleive me, but it's a great car to drive, I love it!

Dscf5182_zpsca36u5gj.jpg

Bogsye

Bogsye
  • Drivers
  • 261 posts
  • Name:Brian

Bought this a couple of months ago. Seems to be a 90's theme going on...

18381863245_2b4f8b3932.jpg

4.2 AJP V8. Presses along quite nicely when needed. Pop's and bangs on overun. 

17115722978_8a1f3276a5.jpg

My 4 year old son loves it. The 8 month old isn't too sure about anything just yet, and my friends are stunned that I managed to aquire this.

The same week I brought this home, my brother in-law 'got' a new people carrier. I did chuckle....

Still enjoying it as much as possible. If it's dry, it goes out. It's in nice condition, but not treated as a garage queen. Looks good at the local Sainsbury's Parent & Child Parking.

So, that's another item on the bucket list checked off.

That leaves on my list of still to get...

BMW M5 (each one from E39 onwards)

Mercedes 280SL (Pagaoda roof)

Maserati (what to choose)

TVR Griffith 500

Citroen DS  

Citroen SM

This is going to take a while....

TheReaperWaits

TheReaperWaits
  • Drivers
  • 66 posts
  • Name:Aaron
Garage View Garage

That Cerbera.... I still really want one..

calvinhorse

calvinhorse
  • Drivers+
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Calvin

Might contact you in the futurw Goliath as the SL500/600/55 is something I've been considering as a future purchase. Though I currently know bugger all about them! Just fancy anything with a big v8/v12 and some of the mercs seem to be a very affordable way in.

Price up a V12 coil pack, prone to going and impossible to find a second hand one.. Ouch

allye

allye
  • Pitcrew+
  • 3,716 posts
  • Name:Ali Williams
Garage View Garage
TVR is a absolute win for me

Andy_C

Andy_C
  • Drivers
  • 1,254 posts
TVR MPV - winner so far. Bloody love it!

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,761 posts

TVR Griffith 500

A mate of mine had one of these, I drove it a few times, beast of a thing, but I can't imagine it would be all that different to your Cerbera?

Simes

Simes
  • Team Managers
  • 5,941 posts
Garage View Garage

Mercedes 280SL (Pagaoda roof)
Citroen DS  
Citroen SM

This is going to take a while....

Great choices and the Cerbera is a dab machine.
Pagoda's have gone silly money in the last 3 years.
I was in a position to buy a DS a few years back but stopped. Kicking myself now as one in fair condition is 15k minimum. Chapron convertibles are north of 150k.
Out of those only the SM prices have remained stable over the last 15 years, fear of engine rebuilds I think!

Bogsye

Bogsye
  • Drivers
  • 261 posts

Cheers all - I've only every driven a Chimera 4.0 Rover V8, so not massively experienced in comparing. The AJP certainly delivers the goods, and for me anyway seems much more drivable than most people claim. It's okay on a commute. I chuckle as I overtake hybrid cars in my car that smells like a petrol refinery on the move. I've probably undone the carbon offsetting of 2,000 of them by this stage.

Turning circle - hmmh. Like a small bus, and goes right better than it does left. I suspect I have lock-stops on the rack, from when it had 18" spiders on it. Something for my winter list.

The dampers are Nitrons and I think need a refresh.

Following my S2000 wipe out in 2010, some would question my sanity in buying this. I tend to treat it with the greatest of respect, just incase.....

Bogsye

Bogsye
  • Drivers
  • 261 posts

Great choices and the Cerbera is a dab machine.
Pagoda's have gone silly money in the last 3 years.
I was in a position to buy a DS a few years back but stopped. Kicking myself now as one in fair condition is 15k minimum. Chapron convertibles are north of 150k.
Out of those only the SM prices have remained stable over the last 15 years, fear of engine rebuilds I think!

Yep Pagoda's were once quite reasonably priced - not any more. I read up about early 911's with the intention of building an RS recreation, but even later SC's have gone up a fair bit.

I forgot to add - BMW E9 coupe. Same deal. A few years ago 20k for a mint CSL seemed ambitious. Not anymore either.... (really sad face)

The e9 was a childhood fascination. A neighbour had a Fjiord Blue CSA. Okay it was an auto, but the shape was brilliant.

Simes

Simes
  • Team Managers
  • 5,941 posts
Garage View Garage
E9
Alfa Guilia (105)
2002tii
911t and s
Were all once easily affordable
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

My money all went into property......

arbor

arbor
  • Passengers
  • 26 posts
  • Name:St

Owned these for years now:

85 Paris blue XR2

91 White 309 GTi none sunroof

89 White XR2 MSA log booked ex rally car

I've always tried to bring something interesting back to life every year as a project. Last few years have been 92 Legacy Turbo Saloon, 94 Subaru MV1800 pick up, 96 Subaru Impreza Turbo, 81 Fiesta Supersport, 83 Fiesta XR2 x 2 Caspian blue and Sunburst red. The welding alone has been epic on some of them.. :huh:

nveeate

nveeate
  • Drivers+
  • 270 posts
  • Name:Nveeate

Cheers all - I've only every driven a Chimera 4.0 Rover V8, so not massively experienced in comparing. The AJP certainly delivers the goods, and for me anyway seems much more drivable than most people claim. It's okay on a commute. I chuckle as I overtake hybrid cars in my car that smells like a petrol refinery on the move. I've probably undone the carbon offsetting of 2,000 of them by this stage.

Turning circle - hmmh. Like a small bus, and goes right better than it does left. I suspect I have lock-stops on the rack, from when it had 18" spiders on it. Something for my winter list.

The dampers are Nitrons and I think need a refresh.

Following my S2000 wipe out in 2010, some would question my sanity in buying this. I tend to treat it with the greatest of respect, just incase.....

I had a 4.0 Chimaera and found it a bit slow....replaced it with a 4.5 Chimaera, which was much much better. They're very agricultural though in terms of technology and construction!  In terms of turning circle, I found that a bit of steering lock and excessive throttle application made for very neat equivalents of three-point turns ;)

I always fancied going to an AJP or a Tuscan Straight 6, but despite looking at a few, it never quite happened. Your Cerbera looks lovely - the interiors are a work of art!

Edited by nveeate, 10 September 2015 - 03:17 PM.

Bogsye

Bogsye
  • Drivers
  • 261 posts
Thanks Nveeate.
I test drove a Chim 400 at AM Sportscars in Dalkeith. Having never met Alan before he handed e the keys and let me head out on my own. It was great except for the first button roundabout that I had to tackle. That was a challenge.

I think the Speed 6 is a nice engine - I'd probably have a Tuscan if it wasn't for the wholeTVR MPV requirement for the kids. The Cerbera certainly is quick. Even on a straight bit of road you can feel it wriggle under hard acceleration - a damp road and careless use would equal a dramatic change of direction. Definitely agricultural as you say, but bags of charm. The sound of a fibreglass doorshell is never going to sound like a VW. In fact it's actually quite cringeworthy.

As an Engineer I'm probably more won over by TVR having the balls/sheer madness to go down the route of developing not just one, but two engine formats.

Just been out and cued it up on the driveway for the run tomorrow to the office Can't wait!!

Looking back over this thread the forum collective certainly owns a fantastic and diverse array of cars.

Brian

Bogsye

Bogsye
  • Drivers
  • 261 posts

Lotus Carlton, 26K miles and three previous owners

P1050916_666x500.jpg

P1050938_666x500.jpg

MkII Jensen Interceptor

jensen.jpg

and 3 205, but I guess you know what they look like  :D

Interceptors rock - looks like the market is finally giving them the respect they deserve As a youngster there was one that sat at a local garage - it was a bit of a shed. Red with the sill trims and wheels were gold. On our evening dog walk my father and I still stopped to admire it. That was probably 1985/86 and it was a later series model.