That you shouldn't be driving a 250bhp T5 if you can't spare some bucks to get it welded or replaced by a proper used box.
But most likely you'll stuff in the other half of the tube epoxy and that will blow out in less than 5 months.
THanks for your thoughts on that, along with the arsey sarcastic tone I always find that it helps to establish some of the facts before you go jumping in with both feet. Like....
1) It's a more or less worthless Volvo, the fact it is a 250bhp T5 is neither here nor there
2) Because it's a worthless Volvo and I have other financial priorities in life....like keeping my kids fed and clothed.......yes I have scrimped where necessary.
3) I Have been "shedding" this thing for the last few years, because the plan was to just run it in to the ground as long as I could
4) Since I've now decided to keep it longer I'm no longer scrimping and I have spared "some bucks" bringing it's condition back to scratch, but the exhaust is not an immediate priority compared to other things.
5) As already noted, welding that hole wouldn't be easy and would be a waste of money (since I don't have a welder and can't weld either)
6) I'm not going to put a used box on, for numeroues reasons. Do you want me to make this even more boring than it already is by listing my reasons?
7) My temp fix, which was always intended to be a temp fix, has done what I needed it to do for pennies and little effort. But I guess you are too snobbish to appreciate that, because ooooooh, it's a 250bhp T5 worth about £600!
With the greatest of respect, wind yer neck in
P.S. And by the way, yes I did stick in the other half of the epoxy metal after that photo was taken. And went over it with a layer of Gun Gum.
Edited by GLPoomobile, 29 August 2017 - 11:52 AM.