Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

The 50 Most Popular Classic Cars – And What They’Re Worth

MSN

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts
  • Name:Leslie

Tom I'm just saying dissy bags might be overrated, I doubt the new investor /collector /carcoon hoarder will care as it will most likely never go anywhere   ! :P

This though is auction bs :

Here then is the perfect storm – a model of car that is tipped for future appreciation, in a condition which is only achievable with a fully documented low mileage, with only one real previous owner and a great story. This is the type of car that the expression best-of-breed was coined to describe. 

future appreciation , only one REAL owner blah blah ...were the other owners fake ? 

It wil lead to people asking 12k for white 205 gtis that just failed mot for rotten sills ,one just listed today !

Edited by Leslie green, 15 July 2017 - 07:33 PM.

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts
  • Name:Gareth

BS.
I know the guy that owns this car, he is fastidious about it and if the advert says it is the original part then it will be the original part.

Must be hard for him to part with it, do you know if he is setting a reserve figure?

GLPoomobile

GLPoomobile
  • Drivers
  • 7,334 posts
  • Name:Barnaby Worthington-Titwank III

All this fuss over a little plastic bag. 

It's just dealer hyperbole. Even more expected when it's an auction on behalf of the seller. I like the creativity shown by describing it as "only 1 real owner". God loves a tryer! (the fake owners would be Peugeot 1st and then Tom's pal the collector 3rd).

And yes, we've already seen try-hards thinking they can get premium money for average examples just because the properly collectible ones are going up in price.

speno

speno
  • Drivers
  • 450 posts
  • Name:Spencer
Garage View Garage

Im Now the proud owner of a rare 205 :)

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts

Im Now the proud owner of a rare 205 :)

Are you 38 grand poorer ?  :D

daviekiwi

daviekiwi
  • Passengers
  • 4 posts
  • Name:david macleod
Garage View Garage

that must be lowest mileage 205 gti in uk? 

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts
Shame about the colour 😂

speno

speno
  • Drivers
  • 450 posts
  • Name:Spencer
Garage View Garage

Are you 38 grand poorer ?  :D

Mere pocket change lad ;0)

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts

that must be lowest mileage 205 gti in uk? 

Apparently so and certainly the most expensive yet , not likely to put on any miles either, straight back  in the carcoon till the next sale Id think  ! Putting any miles on it would devalue it !

u47sb2

u47sb2
  • Drivers
  • 275 posts
  • Name:Steven
Garage View Garage

What I find frightening is that 10 years ago you could have bought 10 of the very best 205s for £38k!  Changed days!!

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts
As I keep getting told about mine....
The number plate is in the wrong place!

jackherer

jackherer
  • Team Managers
  • 11,223 posts

I spotted that too but presumably it is the original number plate and therefore fixing it would reduce the value...?

wicked

wicked
  • Drivers+
  • 611 posts
Garage View Garage

That must be hell..... Spending 38k on a perfect 205, but not able to trash it over local/mountain roads, because every time you do that, your conscience will tell you lost a grand in value...  :(

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts

I spotted that too but presumably it is the original number plate and therefore fixing it would reduce the value...?

To me it's neither here nor there, to some it's worse than strangling a kitten in front of a child 😂
It'll need a new front bumper then to cover up the horrors behind the plate, I wonder if a wanted ad will appear on here?

jackherer

jackherer
  • Team Managers
  • 11,223 posts

To me it's neither here nor there, to some it's worse than strangling a kitten in front of a child

All that matters is how it's seen by the sort of person that spends £38k on a 30 year old car.

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,747 posts
Garage View Garage

All that matters is how it's seen by the sort of person that spends £38k on a 30 year old car.

Or putting my cynical hat on for a moment, how they believe it'll be seen by the person looking to spend £40k+ when they subsequently sell it...

Leslie green

Leslie green
  • Drivers
  • 123 posts

Given auction fees etc they would need 50k for it to make any monies !

Gaz205

Gaz205
  • Drivers
  • 336 posts
I must admit I'd love to drive it to see how good (or bad) if feels being so low miles and looked after .

pugdamo

pugdamo
  • Drivers+
  • 1,017 posts
  • Name:Damian
Garage View Garage

I must admit I'd love to drive it to see how good (or bad) if feels being so low miles and looked after .

I'd love to put an MI16 in it.

jackherer

jackherer
  • Team Managers
  • 11,223 posts

Or putting my cynical hat on for a moment, how they believe it'll be seen by the person looking to spend £40k+ when they subsequently sell it...

Haha yes, but that just means you need to insert the new number into my sentence!

I'd love to put an MI16 in it.

I mentioned the sale of this 205 for £38K to a friend of mine who said if he bought it he'd be looking for a similar condition BX 16v then he'd rip both apart and make one good one out of them!