Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Insurance Companies

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Jonmurgie

Jonmurgie
  • Veterans
  • 5,307 posts
Need you really ask... HIC :D

kate205gti

kate205gti
  • Drivers+
  • 1,937 posts
oops soz should have said - that who i with :D want to stay with them but need to get the premium down a bit :whistle: :)

Alastairh

Alastairh
  • Pitcrew
  • 5,897 posts
  • Name:Alastair
Buy a Max flower mag.

They have mod freindly insurance companies in there.

Alastair

smckeown

smckeown
  • Banned
  • 4,710 posts
greenlight are good also with mods and track cover included

tom_m

tom_m
  • Drivers
  • 3,428 posts
  • Name:.

greenlight are good also with mods and track cover included

yeah like for like on mods and upto 90 days european cover FOC too! :D

Bassman

Bassman
  • Drivers
  • 183 posts
Firebond charge me and my fiance ~200 for 3rd party classic car insurance with mileage limited to 3K. I only declared some minor mods such as suspension and no track-cover (that I know of). You are covered for European travel as standard.

It must be our second car and we are both over 25 :D , although don't know how much difference that makes.

boldy205

boldy205
  • Drivers+
  • 1,525 posts
  • Name:Matt
i dont think you will get a lot better than HIC. im 24 got a 205 mi16 on carbs with uprated brakes, suspension etc for 360 TPFT or 430 fully comp (only track covered on fully comp) i was well happy with that! thats not on a classic policy either, just ltd milage (5k) check to see but sometimes you wont recive no claims bonus on a classic policy, mite be worth checking.
matt.

TT205

TT205
  • Pitcrew+
  • 1,594 posts
  • Name:Dave
What exactly does 'Track Cover' give you?

boldy205

boldy205
  • Drivers+
  • 1,525 posts
as far as i can see its to do with agreed value so if you totaly wrap it up you get a payout of that value, and then any mods you have are a covered on a like for like basis. basicaly its better than wrapping it up and not getting anything! but dont hold me to that!! :mellow:

kate205gti

kate205gti
  • Drivers+
  • 1,937 posts
greenlight quote 450 so not too bad :mellow: HIC have got it down to 414 now thou fully comp on a classic car policy (6k miles a year) with agreed value and track cover so staying with that :ph34r:

cheers for all ur help :(

boombang

boombang
  • Drivers
  • 2,345 posts
On topic with this, my 309 hopefully will be on the road within a few weeks so I gave HIC a quick call to get an up to date quote.

Last time I called in April they wanted 400 or so.

All thats happened since is I turned 25.

Now the quote is 246.09 with agreed value, salvage, track cover, 3rd party other cars.

Can't believe it!

kate205gti

kate205gti
  • Drivers+
  • 1,937 posts
ooh thats good :D the salvage thing they give is good too - basically means u can keep ur car if it ever gets written off :P

James_R

James_R
  • Drivers
  • 1,717 posts
Track cover as far as I know means you get 500 excess on thrid party damage i.e armco

boombang

boombang
  • Drivers
  • 2,345 posts
Tried a few others - was offered fully comp at 288 from Firebond but they want a cat 2 immobiliser (not a good idea on a competition car IMHO).

Will be calling them when its ready to get out on the road and trying to get a few more off before taking up the policy!

After the way they treated me last time I was insured I decided never to use them again (stung hugely when swapped cars over, then when swapped back had to pay again!) but with it so cheap may as well.

kate205gti

kate205gti
  • Drivers+
  • 1,937 posts
ahh bugger - just phoned HIC about the track cover and its a 2000 excess for any damage!!! :D (own damage or TP damage), goes down to 1000 if you can proove previous track experience (which i can) but i dont have a spare 1k kicking about for every time i go on track :D

phoned firebond and they dont cover track cover at all (didnt even know what it was lol "is that like off-roading?" urmm.. ideally not :P)

boldy205

boldy205
  • Drivers+
  • 1,525 posts
hmmm 2K!! thats a bit crap. does anyone know of a company that just does track cover, as in you just pay X ammount per track day?

Baz

Baz
  • Drivers.
  • 10,300 posts
  • Name:באז
Anyone got the number handy for HiC? Kitty??

cybernck

cybernck
  • Administrator
  • 8,788 posts
  • Name:Nikica Atlagic
Garage View Garage
people don't forget to quote 205gtidrivers.com to get a discount with HIC!

phone number is on the main page of http://www.205gtidrivers.com

jackherer

jackherer
  • Team Managers
  • 11,223 posts

people don't forget to quote 205gtidrivers.com to get a discount with HIC!

phone number is on the main page of http://www.205gtidrivers.com

I've tried that several times now with HIC and they just say something like that discount category is already applied so it makes no difference.

kate205gti

kate205gti
  • Drivers+
  • 1,937 posts
yup did that nick :)

baz number is 08451 290 290 :lol: i phoned greenlight too who said they wont cover castle combe (coz of the number of claims there lol!) but put me onto www.moris.co.uk - just waiting for a quote back from them :o