Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

• Please log in to reply
2665 replies to this topic

Thijs_Rallye

Thijs_Rallye
  • Drivers
  • 54 posts
  • Name:Thijs Vanlier
Garage View Garage

Buggered around in WinOLS and TunerPro for days trying to get some maps into view. It is starting to get discouraging to say the least. Either electronics is not my cup of tea or I am just too impatient.

S@m

S@m
  • Drivers+
  • 1,199 posts

Finally made a hybrid lower column for my xsara rack. Not too hard a task in the end.

Simes

Simes
  • Team Managers
  • 5,940 posts
  • Name:Simon
Garage View Garage
Drove to Goodwood, very restrained.
Some weird rev counter issues popped up. I suspect there's an electrical issue I need to look at, including starter motor.

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,744 posts
Garage View Garage
Just a small thing, but one that's been bugging me for months - replaced the badly shrunk outer window scrappers with some 106 ones I picked up from the scrapyard.

Before, with unsightly gap:

DSC_0072.jpg

... and after with the snug fitting replacement:

DSC_0073.jpg

The profile/shape isn't quite the same, but 99% of people wouldn't notice the difference without the original to compare against, they fit very well and unquestionably are a massive improvement over what I had before. Those wanting something concours worthy will have to look elsewhere, but for those of us that aren't too fussed on absolute originality, I think they work well :)

wicked

wicked
  • Drivers+
  • 610 posts
Garage View Garage

Are the 106 ones equal length or longer? 

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,744 posts
Garage View Garage
Length wise it's pretty much bang on correct for a 205 and as such they fit without trimming, or certainly the used (and presumably slightly shrunken) one I fitted was - I don't know if a new part would be fractionally too long.

For confirmation, that's a 3dr 106 window scrapper and a 3dr 205 door. I assume that Saxo ones are the same as 106, certainly looked it at a glance in the scrappy.