• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[car_upgrade] Project Pug, 205 Rallye (my First Project!)

backroadpug

where did you buy the rallye arches and how much

looks smart

BC Devile

Love it mate, looks really clean in the pictures.

Craig89

Looks good mate. Are they S2 rallye steels? Do they rub anywhere in the rear arch when the car is loaded up?

allye
Looks good mate. Are they S2 rallye steels? Do they rub anywhere in the rear arch when the car is loaded up?

It does indeed, yer they are S2. The rub only a small amount on the outside of the tyre when I have 4 people in the car, and only around corners. When I rip it apart this winter and respray it i will do some minor bashing of the inner lip to stop it. A 1.6gti rear beam is also going on which will stiffen it and help prevent it.

Edited by allye

Loose Hand Luke

Is it much work fitting the Rallye arches on your shell?

I'm really tempted to fit some on mine or go for GTi arches. So unsure! :huh:

allye
Is it much work fitting the Rallye arches on your shell?

I'm really tempted to fit some on mine or go for GTi arches. So unsure! :D

I think gti arches should stay with gti's! They are really easy to fit, all you need is 4 clamps and a tube of silkaflex, that stuff is amazing! Silkaflex only comes in white, black and grey so if you have a red car or something won't be too good.

Ali

Loose Hand Luke
I think gti arches should stay with gti's! They are really easy to fit, all you need is 4 clamps and a tube of silkaflex, that stuff is amazing! Silkaflex only comes in white, black and grey so if you have a red car or something won't be too good.

Ali

But GTi arches just look so good! B)

Where did you find your Rallye arches mate? I noticed Ecosse Peugeot do some but they're pretty pricey. Don't want to buy some on ebay or similar and they turn out a pain in the arse to fit!

richsmells
Got them of ebay for £90, a friend sprayed them for £50 and did a bloody good job!

Looks good! :)

Edited by richsmells

matty

Looks very smart, you are local to me! Never seen the car around tho. My brother is also Devizes based and has a white 205 rallye which has had a fair amount of work on now!

allye
Looks very smart, you are local to me! Never seen the car around tho. My brother is also Devizes based and has a white 205 rallye which has had a fair amount of work on now!

Yer! I now live back in the devizes (as of yesturday) was lifeguarding on a beach in dorset for the summer. I am currently driving a 205 diesel, silver (grey!) while the rallye is off the road and the gti-6 goes in. Will keep an eye our for you. I live in Urchfont 5 miles out of devizes.

Ali

allye

Update time, started the work for the respray, spent the last 2 afternoons stripping it down which all came apart very nicely. The plan is to start the prep for paint, got a lot more stuff to take off yet like the arches, rear bumper/valance, clutch cable, throttle cable, choke cable (won't be needing that anymore!), arches and some other bits. Progress should be fairly steady over the next few months so keep an eye on this one!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The £200 run-a-about, 11months MOT too!

4-1.jpg

Cheers, Ali

(and yes the Rallye is majorly rot free!)

Edited by allye

allye

Been spending a few hours a day (some days) on the Rallye, engine bay pretty much empty now so gave it a degrease today and a clean. Then started the prep for paint! I'v decided to only have the engine bay, doors and bonnet resprayed as it has a spankers new boot and the rest of the body is in pretty good nic. rust is very minimal one hole behind the n/s light about 5mm. Got happy with the rust converter as well, just small patches of surface rust to tackle.

IMGP5200.jpg

IMGP5199.jpg

IMGP5198.jpg

All for now, got a full day on it tomorrow as well, if I don't get bored of sanding.

Ali

(the blocks arn't holding the car up, thats my seat!)

Edited by allye

allye

Just have a couple of questions that I can't find an answer to anywhere (I spend hours reading GTI6 conversion threads!)

-Do you use the engine mounts from the 306/xsara or 205 ones?

-What do you do about tilting? nothing and leave on standard mounts!?

-How much of the old loom can I take out? I'v taken all the wiring from the engine bay, unplugged it from the fuse box and binned, is that all?

Thanks! Ali

welshpug

1, standard

2, standard

3, put it back :D some of that does lights etc.

you'll need some of the wires to connect to whatever you're installing afterwards.

allye
1, standard

2, standard

3, put it back :) some of that does lights etc.

you'll need some of the wires to connect to whatever you're installing afterwards.

Oh s*ite! :lol: Miles said take it all out (He will be doing the wiring, as you can tell, I can't!) so i went crazy! will rob one fron the scrappy or something.

Miles

At least it will be nice and Clean which is what I like, I hate cars with dirty engine bays as my gloves get Dirty

Did you get the exhaust manifold from me? Cannot remember now I;ve done so many, This allows the engine in on the std mounts or the engine will need tilting (Bad)

Anthony
Did you get the exhaust manifold from me? Cannot remember now I;ve done so many, This allows the engine in on the std mounts or the engine will need tilting (Bad)

He's buying my GTi-6 engine package Miles, including the reangled manifold that you did for me recently :)

miamichris
1, standard

2, standard

3, put it back :) some of that does lights etc.

Oh s*ite! ;) Miles said take it all out (He will be doing the wiring, as you can tell, I can't!) so i went crazy! will rob one fron the scrappy or something.

Step away from the wiring allye, step away! :lol:

Never bin anything until the end of the conversion, you never know what you might need! ...Like wires for your lights mate :P

allye
Step away from the wiring allye, step away! :)

Never bin anything until the end of the conversion, you never know what you might need! ...Like wires for your lights mate :P

hahaha, ;) Your the 2nd person to take the piss now! I'm a super wiring noob and thought the new loom would come with these parts! I can just about wire in a guage or cig lighter, thats about it. (am going to get happy with the soldering iron and shrink wrap to improve my poor skills!! :lol: )

miamichris
hahaha, :) Your the 2nd person to take the piss now! I'm a super wiring noob and thought the new loom would come with these parts! I can just about wire in a guage or cig lighter, thats about it. (am going to get happy with the soldering iron and shrink wrap to improve my poor skills!! ^_^ )

Couldn't resist mate :lol:

I hadn't a clue about wiring before my conversion, but its surprising what you pick up working on these little cars. I just sat down with the looms, wiring diagrams and a multimeter until I figured it out and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just get stuck in and you'll soon pick it up :)

Joehow

Looks awesome. Dude, I did the same thing witha black s1 rallye as my first project befoe he 205 etc.

Its really rewarding and taught me alot.

allye

Thanks a lot! i really have learnt sooooo much in the last 2 years of taking my cars to bits and having to put them back together!

Ali

tomcolinjones
Thanks a lot! i really have learnt sooooo much in the last 2 years of taking my cars to bits and having to put them back together!

Ali

hows the conversion going pal? been keen watcher of this!

allye

Slow! Will be picking up the engine and various other bits from anthony later this month (the company I work for went into adminastration and i have to claim some wages back! They are now trading under a different name so I still have a job) Next moneth will see the engine bay, wings, doors and bonnet resprayed, then January will be rebuilt beams polybushed subframe, gearbox and hopefully back on its feet, then a few months after that I hope it will be going to Miles for the electrics and wiring to be done.

Well, thats the plan any way! ;) Been following yours as well, when do you plan to finish up?